Cohasset: Two-alarm fire at Cohasset inn

A two-alarm fire at an inn in Cohasset tied up fire crews from around the South Shore Thursday afternoon.

The fire, called in just before 1 p.m. at the Cohasset Harbor Inn at 124 Elm Street, reportedly began in the basement of the building. The staff was evacuated and no injuries were reported.

Mutual aid was called in from Scituate, Hingham, Norwell and Hull to help at the scene and cover Cohasset’s fire station.

Early reports indicate that the fire may have started in a dryer in the laundry room.

About WATD Web Editor

WATD online and on-air contributors include, but are not limited to: The Associated Press, Precision Weather Forecasting, local news stringers and reporters, in-house news and internet media staff, Statehouse and town hall reporters, freelance reporters, special feature reporters/producers and on-air radio personnel.