A jury has been picked for the federal corruption trial of the former speaker of the Massachusetts House of Representatives. Salvatore DiMasi and two others are charged in a scheme to rig lucrative state contracts for the software company Cognos in exchange for payments. Jury selection was completed Tuesday. Eight men and eight women were chosen to hear the case, including four alternate jurors. Opening statements are expected Thursday. DiMasi and co-defendants Joseph McDonough and Richard Vitale have pleaded not guilty. A fourth man charged in the scheme, Joseph Lally, cut a deal with prosecutors and is expected to testify against the others. The list of potential witnesses includes Gov. Deval Patrick, Senate President Therese Murray and DiMasi’s successor, House Speaker Robert DeLeo.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- Wide World of Blues w/ Peter BlackStarts: 10:30 pmEnds: July 10, 2014 - 2:00 amDescription: From BB King, Muddy Waters and Buddy Guy to Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Bonnie Raitt, the Wide World of Blues features both traditional and contemporary blues artists. Visit http://959watd.com/programming/wide-world-of-blues for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Tonight on Veterans' Voice Radio at 7:30 p.m. on 95.9 WATD: First Responder's Careers will be the main topic of... http://t.co/LIynnmOgIU about 4 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Hanson: Tattoo & piercing police department rule amended: Hanson Police Department i... http://t.co/GVToQ4FcM1 via @SouthShoreNews about 6 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Dave Skill Audio Feature: Simpson Spring in South Easton part 3: Located in South Easton, Massachusetts, Simps... http://t.co/nY1ZGtdxhu about 14 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Plymouth: Nix’s Restaurant could face suspension of its liquor license: In Plymouth,... http://t.co/9tPHu410u3 via @SouthShoreNews about 16 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
WATD Business Phone: (781) 837-1166 WATD News Room: (781) 837-1169 WATD On Air Phone: (781) 837-4900
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050