A jury has been picked for the federal corruption trial of the former speaker of the Massachusetts House of Representatives. Salvatore DiMasi and two others are charged in a scheme to rig lucrative state contracts for the software company Cognos in exchange for payments. Jury selection was completed Tuesday. Eight men and eight women were chosen to hear the case, including four alternate jurors. Opening statements are expected Thursday. DiMasi and co-defendants Joseph McDonough and Richard Vitale have pleaded not guilty. A fourth man charged in the scheme, Joseph Lally, cut a deal with prosecutors and is expected to testify against the others. The list of potential witnesses includes Gov. Deval Patrick, Senate President Therese Murray and DiMasi’s successor, House Speaker Robert DeLeo.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Did you know WATD plays a local independent musician each day at 9:40am and 12:40pm? Listen this week to hear... http://t.co/1Og7INzMxR about 4 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Weymouth: Voters Reject $6.5 Million Operational Override http://t.co/LYFe16ODO2 about 4 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Abington: National Night Out Tonight http://t.co/PUj4pkLN8q about 10 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Thunder, lightning, wind and rain passing through many South Shore towns this morning left scattered outages in... http://t.co/Th8jA80Mhk about 15 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.