State Senate President Therese Murray is calling for dramatic changes in the way the state determines how taxpayer money is spent. Murray told a legislative committee on Tuesday that Massachusetts is operating under “clumsy and outdated” finance laws, many of which date back to the early 20th century. The Plymouth Democrat said the current system works simply to preserve current state programs and agencies – rather than measure whether those programs and agencies are successful and worth keeping. Murray has filed legislation that would move the state toward a system of performance-based budgeting. One provision of the bill calls for creation of a “sunset” review system, in which state agencies would be periodically evaluated to determine whether they deserve continued funding.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- The Late-Morning Show with Larry NelsonStarts: 10:00 amEnds: September 2, 2014 - 2:00 pmDescription: Larry Nelson plays your favorite songs from recent hits to classic oldies that’ll bring back those old memories. With Local/National News at 12:00 pm. Call 781-837-4900 to request a song!
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
- Remote Broadcast: Plimouth Plantation in Plymouth on Saturday, September 27th from 12-3 PM
- Remote Broadcast: The Lobster Hut in Plymouth on Friday, September 5th from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM
- Remote Broadcast: The South Shore Natural Science Center in Norwell on Saturday, September 13th from 12-2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: SSMN live from Scituate on Friday, August 29th from 6-10 AM
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Southfield: Weymouth Mayor Kay calls upcoming deadlines “terrible,” but “it has to w... http://t.co/K8nobpq9M6 via @SouthShoreNews about 3 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 9-1-2014 featuring Republican 5th Plymouth District Sta... http://t.co/PihIBUYfXT #mapoli #SouthShore about 8 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD AUDIO: Republican Forum – 5th Plymouth District State Representative seat: Here’s th... http://t.co/wNFeY1OFud via @SouthShoreNews about 9 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @goldiebounce: @959watdfm Will Perry #photobombing @WATDSSMN Liza Churchill as she interviews @DBChampionship #winner Chris Kirk http://… about 12 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
WATD Business Phone: (781) 837-1166 WATD News Room: (781) 837-1169 WATD On Air Phone: (781) 837-4900
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050