State Senate President Therese Murray is calling for dramatic changes in the way the state determines how taxpayer money is spent. Murray told a legislative committee on Tuesday that Massachusetts is operating under “clumsy and outdated” finance laws, many of which date back to the early 20th century. The Plymouth Democrat said the current system works simply to preserve current state programs and agencies – rather than measure whether those programs and agencies are successful and worth keeping. Murray has filed legislation that would move the state toward a system of performance-based budgeting. One provision of the bill calls for creation of a “sunset” review system, in which state agencies would be periodically evaluated to determine whether they deserve continued funding.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Hingham: Police Investigating Curtain Rod, Coin Theft http://t.co/JOl1b9qyl6 about 30 minutes ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Tune in this tonight after the 6:00 news for Monday Night Talk. This week’s guests will be Geoff Yalenezian from... http://t.co/yO4TWSU2tn about 2 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Marshfield: Selectmen to Review Restaurant License Suspension, Negotiate Fire Chief Contract http://t.co/kUuRgEgUEC about 2 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Duxbury: Packed Agenda for Board of Selectmen http://t.co/NhcjdjnoQj about 3 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.