State Senate President Therese Murray is calling for dramatic changes in the way the state determines how taxpayer money is spent. Murray told a legislative committee on Tuesday that Massachusetts is operating under “clumsy and outdated” finance laws, many of which date back to the early 20th century. The Plymouth Democrat said the current system works simply to preserve current state programs and agencies – rather than measure whether those programs and agencies are successful and worth keeping. Murray has filed legislation that would move the state toward a system of performance-based budgeting. One provision of the bill calls for creation of a “sunset” review system, in which state agencies would be periodically evaluated to determine whether they deserve continued funding.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- The Late-Morning Show with Larry NelsonStarts: 10:00 amEnds: October 23, 2014 - 2:00 pmDescription: Larry Nelson plays your favorite songs from recent hits to classic oldies that’ll bring back those old memories. With Local/National News at 12:00 pm. Call 781-837-4900 to request a song!
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Plymouth: Medical Marijuana Excise Tax will impact host agreement: In Plymouth, the ... http://t.co/LfM1kfdWr3 via @SouthShoreNews about 4 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Music Matters: Singer Jamie Lynn Hart: Today we meet Jamie Lynn Hart, lead singer in her self-titled band. Cli... http://t.co/dWq2OZrFFx about 16 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For over 20 years, WATD's nationally recognized blues DJ, Peter Black, has filled the South Shore's radio waves... http://t.co/3sUeXuninM about 17 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Today between 2-3 p.m. we will be off-air for a few minutes while we install a new piece of important audio... http://t.co/EPm7nCuhit about 20 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.