State Senate President Therese Murray is calling for dramatic changes in the way the state determines how taxpayer money is spent. Murray told a legislative committee on Tuesday that Massachusetts is operating under “clumsy and outdated” finance laws, many of which date back to the early 20th century. The Plymouth Democrat said the current system works simply to preserve current state programs and agencies – rather than measure whether those programs and agencies are successful and worth keeping. Murray has filed legislation that would move the state toward a system of performance-based budgeting. One provision of the bill calls for creation of a “sunset” review system, in which state agencies would be periodically evaluated to determine whether they deserve continued funding.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- Wide World of Blues w/ Peter BlackStarts: 10:00 pmEnds: October 21, 2014 - 2:00 amDescription: From BB King, Muddy Waters and Buddy Guy to Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Bonnie Raitt, the Wide World of Blues features both traditional and contemporary blues artists. Visit http://959watd.com/programming/wide-world-of-blues for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Kevin Tocci on Twitter: "#MondayNightTalk on 959watdfm: kicking off1st of 2 political forums w/... http://t.co/PYV3Bne9rS about 5 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- An inspirational interview by Fox 25 with David Wolfson, a DJ here at WATD. You can follow his show on Facebook... http://t.co/zkI95FvkLW about 8 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Miss any of WATD's recent live political forums? We have them archived online for listening 24/7. http://t.co/XRkCjpXRs2 about 9 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- WATD's own Chris Atwood is having his compilation cd release party this Saturday at Copperfield's in Boston.... http://t.co/jzjivRRnEG about 11 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
For Email Marketing you can trust
|WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.