The nation’s first offshore wind farm needs buyers for half its power, and one of its best prospective customers has been reluctant to sign on. But a pending merger involving the utility NStar has become a possible pressure point to get the company to buy Cape Wind power. Since NStar’s merger with Northeast Utilities was announced, Massachusetts officials have moved to ensure that regulators don’t approve such mergers unless they advance the state’s clean energy goals. Those goals include developing offshore wind. The state has also requested a stay in the merger proceedings that could lead to a merger-killing delay. Cape Wind critics say the state is trying to force NStar to buy a favored project’s power. But the state says it’s just upholding state law and protecting the public interest.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- JK's Rock and Soul ShowStarts: 2:00 amEnds: September 22, 2014 - 4:30 am
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
- Remote Broadcast: Dream Kitchens and More in Pembroke on Friday, September 19th, from 11-2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: Plimouth Plantation in Plymouth on Saturday, September 27th from 12-3 PM
- Remote Broadcast: South Shore Chamber of Commerce at Lombardo’s in Randolph on Thursday, October 9th from 11 AM – 2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: The Market at The Pinehills in Plymouth on Friday, October 10th from 11 AM – 2 PM
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Boston: Appeals court denies new trial request for man convicted of killing daughte... http://t.co/1WzfHbLfUk via @SouthShoreNews about 10 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Tune in today from 9:30-10:00 a.m. as Ray Brown broadcasts his show, Ray Brown's Talkin' Birds, live from from... http://t.co/jOKiBuMfzh about 19 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Looking for something to do this weekend? Take in the great music at the South Shore Conservatory's Cedar Hill... http://t.co/zkCcPQLV83 12:36:22 PM September 20, 2014 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD MA: State wins $400K prescription drug grant: (AP) — The Massachusetts Department of... http://t.co/sr6gUAXs4s via @SouthShoreNews 04:26:34 PM September 19, 2014 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
WATD Business Phone: (781) 837-1166 WATD News Room: (781) 837-1169 WATD On Air Phone: (781) 837-4900
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050