The nation’s first offshore wind farm needs buyers for half its power, and one of its best prospective customers has been reluctant to sign on. But a pending merger involving the utility NStar has become a possible pressure point to get the company to buy Cape Wind power. Since NStar’s merger with Northeast Utilities was announced, Massachusetts officials have moved to ensure that regulators don’t approve such mergers unless they advance the state’s clean energy goals. Those goals include developing offshore wind. The state has also requested a stay in the merger proceedings that could lead to a merger-killing delay. Cape Wind critics say the state is trying to force NStar to buy a favored project’s power. But the state says it’s just upholding state law and protecting the public interest.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- The David Wolfson ShowStarts: 3:00 amEnds: July 26, 2014 - 6:30 am
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Tune in to the Shores Report after the 6:00 news with 9th Congressional District Republican candidate Dan Shores.... http://t.co/MnoI9YQB7y about 11 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Rob and Lisa are broadcasting until 2 today at The Market at Pinehills, Plymouth MA for their Taste of the... http://t.co/qFgzrG7mNL about 16 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Thanks to Shawn Dahlen, Chairman of the Duxbury Board of Selectmen, for closing out the #southshoretour with Rob... http://t.co/thwCk2v1N8 about 19 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Duxbury State Reps. Josh Cutler and Tom Calter talk friendly rivalries and local issues as we wind down another... http://t.co/fw8yJ640fz about 19 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
WATD Business Phone: (781) 837-1166 WATD News Room: (781) 837-1169 WATD On Air Phone: (781) 837-4900
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050