The nation’s first offshore wind farm needs buyers for half its power, and one of its best prospective customers has been reluctant to sign on. But a pending merger involving the utility NStar has become a possible pressure point to get the company to buy Cape Wind power. Since NStar’s merger with Northeast Utilities was announced, Massachusetts officials have moved to ensure that regulators don’t approve such mergers unless they advance the state’s clean energy goals. Those goals include developing offshore wind. The state has also requested a stay in the merger proceedings that could lead to a merger-killing delay. Cape Wind critics say the state is trying to force NStar to buy a favored project’s power. But the state says it’s just upholding state law and protecting the public interest.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- South Shore's Morning NewsStarts: 5:00 amEnds: October 1, 2014 - 10:00 amDescription: From local and national news, sports and weather to informative interviews with people from across the south shore and the world, The South Shore’s Morning News is the right way to start your day! Visit http://959watd.com/ssmorningnews for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Police say the city-wide sweep on Monday netted multiple arrests along with the seizure of drugs, weapons and cash. http://t.co/hOSCKegpNl about 3 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Brockton: Local filmmaker to hold meet & greet: A Brockton filmmaker is set to unvei... http://t.co/VSQV0vE1Fx via @SouthShoreNews about 8 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Middleboro: 20 year-old man due in court facing drug and breaking and entering charg... http://t.co/3Roe3b0SSX via @SouthShoreNews about 22 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Quincy: Three-alarm fire reported at Old City Hall: No injuries are reported in a th... http://t.co/r6MO0hPDev via @SouthShoreNews 08:26:48 AM September 30, 2014 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.