The nation’s first offshore wind farm needs buyers for half its power, and one of its best prospective customers has been reluctant to sign on. But a pending merger involving the utility NStar has become a possible pressure point to get the company to buy Cape Wind power. Since NStar’s merger with Northeast Utilities was announced, Massachusetts officials have moved to ensure that regulators don’t approve such mergers unless they advance the state’s clean energy goals. Those goals include developing offshore wind. The state has also requested a stay in the merger proceedings that could lead to a merger-killing delay. Cape Wind critics say the state is trying to force NStar to buy a favored project’s power. But the state says it’s just upholding state law and protecting the public interest.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- Friday Night Blues PartyStarts: 10:00 pmEnds: October 25, 2014 - 3:00 amDescription: From BB King, Muddy Waters and Buddy Guy to Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Bonnie Raitt, the Wide World of Blues features both traditional and contemporary blues artists. Visit http://959watd.com/programming/wide-world-of-blues for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Nautical News: For the week of October 19, 2014: CRUISE SHIP CHANGES DESTINATION TO ... http://t.co/oVrJretFiv via @SouthShoreNews about 6 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Too much Halloween candy? November 3rd-5th Leland Dental will be buying back candy at $1 per pound up to five... http://t.co/3Zj7lAtmHf about 7 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Hull: Paragon Carousel closes for the season: Another season for the Paragon Carouse... http://t.co/ZJBMReMh6T via @SouthShoreNews about 16 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Brockton: Ceremony planned to rename Marciano Stadium press box: A special ceremony ... http://t.co/3IG1ihkXFW via @SouthShoreNews about 23 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.