The nation’s first offshore wind farm needs buyers for half its power, and one of its best prospective customers has been reluctant to sign on. But a pending merger involving the utility NStar has become a possible pressure point to get the company to buy Cape Wind power. Since NStar’s merger with Northeast Utilities was announced, Massachusetts officials have moved to ensure that regulators don’t approve such mergers unless they advance the state’s clean energy goals. Those goals include developing offshore wind. The state has also requested a stay in the merger proceedings that could lead to a merger-killing delay. Cape Wind critics say the state is trying to force NStar to buy a favored project’s power. But the state says it’s just upholding state law and protecting the public interest.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- RT @JimManning9: @959watdfm Nice day but a Tstorm in spots in PM/eve, 89. Model shown at 5pm - forecast: http://t.co/0PsU4p9UWo http://t.co… 07:41:43 AM August 01, 2015 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Marshfield: Police Say Suspicious Package Contained Cake Batter http://t.co/rHrS3leHug 07:48:59 PM July 31, 2015 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Brockton: Man Indicted on Arson Charges for Church Fire http://t.co/7HHIdGR7Qe 07:06:07 PM July 31, 2015 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Plymouth: ZBA’s Questionable Executive Session http://t.co/ddmhq6HzMy 05:23:23 PM July 31, 2015 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.