The nation’s first offshore wind farm needs buyers for half its power, and one of its best prospective customers has been reluctant to sign on. But a pending merger involving the utility NStar has become a possible pressure point to get the company to buy Cape Wind power. Since NStar’s merger with Northeast Utilities was announced, Massachusetts officials have moved to ensure that regulators don’t approve such mergers unless they advance the state’s clean energy goals. Those goals include developing offshore wind. The state has also requested a stay in the merger proceedings that could lead to a merger-killing delay. Cape Wind critics say the state is trying to force NStar to buy a favored project’s power. But the state says it’s just upholding state law and protecting the public interest.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- Wide World of Blues w/ Peter BlackStarts: 10:00 pmEnds: July 30, 2014 - 2:00 amDescription: From BB King, Muddy Waters and Buddy Guy to Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Bonnie Raitt, the Wide World of Blues features both traditional and contemporary blues artists. Visit http://959watd.com/programming/wide-world-of-blues for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Brockton: City set to hold peace march and unity festival: The 2nd Annual Peace Marc... http://t.co/T2eI8ytXY5 via @SouthShoreNews about 1 hour ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- (UPDATE) East Bridgewater: Six arrested after armed home invasion manhunt http://t.co/on6i8dtleu about 2 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This fundraiser is being held to rebuild the private home of a disabled veteran. Tickets are $20, & will include... http://t.co/YC1mJJ92A3 about 9 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Each week we feature a pet up for adoption! Visit http://t.co/fIEcqesY1Y for more information.... http://t.co/xxLA5ifdXJ about 10 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
For Email Marketing you can trust
|WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050