The nation’s first offshore wind farm needs buyers for half its power, and one of its best prospective customers has been reluctant to sign on. But a pending merger involving the utility NStar has become a possible pressure point to get the company to buy Cape Wind power. Since NStar’s merger with Northeast Utilities was announced, Massachusetts officials have moved to ensure that regulators don’t approve such mergers unless they advance the state’s clean energy goals. Those goals include developing offshore wind. The state has also requested a stay in the merger proceedings that could lead to a merger-killing delay. Cape Wind critics say the state is trying to force NStar to buy a favored project’s power. But the state says it’s just upholding state law and protecting the public interest.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- The Alternative with Chris AtwoodStarts: 6:15 pmEnds: October 31, 2014 - 10:00 pmDescription: A veteran of the 80s college radio scene and long-time DJ, Chris Atwood keeps
70s punk, 80s new wave, and 90s Brit-Pop alive.
Precision Weather Forecasting
SnoCountry.com Mountain Snowfall Reports
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Plymouth: Senator Elizabeth Warren speaks to an overflow crowd at Plymouth’s Democra... http://t.co/Ovb91qwwYc via @SouthShoreNews about 2 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy Halloween from WATD! -Ed Perry, "The Werewolf" http://t.co/ACTl4WGw8m about 3 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Marshfield: 1980 “Vampire Killer”, James Riva, asks for release before parole board:... http://t.co/FAlKmSFZHs via @SouthShoreNews about 5 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Stay Puft Marshmallow Man pops into the studio during The South Shore's Morning News. Post your costume pics in... http://t.co/2XkXNQS5Nm about 11 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.