The nation’s first offshore wind farm needs buyers for half its power, and one of its best prospective customers has been reluctant to sign on. But a pending merger involving the utility NStar has become a possible pressure point to get the company to buy Cape Wind power. Since NStar’s merger with Northeast Utilities was announced, Massachusetts officials have moved to ensure that regulators don’t approve such mergers unless they advance the state’s clean energy goals. Those goals include developing offshore wind. The state has also requested a stay in the merger proceedings that could lead to a merger-killing delay. Cape Wind critics say the state is trying to force NStar to buy a favored project’s power. But the state says it’s just upholding state law and protecting the public interest.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- Friday Night Blues PartyStarts: 10:00 pmEnds: August 23, 2014 - 3:00 amDescription: From BB King, Muddy Waters and Buddy Guy to Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Bonnie Raitt, the Wide World of Blues features both traditional and contemporary blues artists. Visit http://959watd.com/programming/wide-world-of-blues for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Rockland: Chase unintentionally leads police to pot plants: A strange chain of event... http://t.co/c6fzAwwIDz via @SouthShoreNews about 5 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Nautical News: For the week of August 17: WEATHER DOMINATES NAUTICAL NEWS Weather do... http://t.co/bYdS6P9Dwf via @SouthShoreNews about 8 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Marshfield: Ribbon cut celebrating Route 139 widening and new traffic light: If you ... http://t.co/XAdgsHbDTX via @SouthShoreNews about 10 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Marshfield: “I Drive Your Truck” performance honors South Shore soldier: Paul Monti,... http://t.co/7SBgc31CpC via @SouthShoreNews about 14 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
For Email Marketing you can trust
|WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050