The nation’s first offshore wind farm needs buyers for half its power, and one of its best prospective customers has been reluctant to sign on. But a pending merger involving the utility NStar has become a possible pressure point to get the company to buy Cape Wind power. Since NStar’s merger with Northeast Utilities was announced, Massachusetts officials have moved to ensure that regulators don’t approve such mergers unless they advance the state’s clean energy goals. Those goals include developing offshore wind. The state has also requested a stay in the merger proceedings that could lead to a merger-killing delay. Cape Wind critics say the state is trying to force NStar to buy a favored project’s power. But the state says it’s just upholding state law and protecting the public interest.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 6-29-2015 featuring the State House Report with State R... http://t.co/74C5CrbpwM #mapoli #SouthShore about 7 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Brockton: Police Investigating Shooting on Somerset Place http://t.co/lY6LjyfSpc about 13 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Boston: Boston Conservatory, Berklee College of Music Discuss Merger http://t.co/y3kgAsR9qq about 14 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Only one day left to tweet a selfie for a chance to win a $500 @HoneyDew_Donuts gift card! http://t.co/Bes2vqpdUS https://t.co/0mxf3RweBM about 17 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.