Marshfield: House fire leaves family homeless

A fire Friday night at 56 Dundee Drive in Marshfield, that broke out around 6:20 p.m., caused smoke, electrical and water damage, and the house was determined to be uninhabitable.

The fire in the house, where Joseph and Danielle Amaral and their four children lived, broke out near the home’s gas-fired water heater.

A friend of the occupants of the home said he heard a loud banging sound and the smoke detectors then activated.

When fire crews arrived, there was heavy smoke showing from the attic and roof of the one-story home.

The fire was knocked down quickly with firefighters remaining on scene until 9:00 p.m.

The Building Commissioner and plumbing inspectors were called to the scene and assisted in the investigation.

No injuries were reported to either the occupants of the house or to firefighters.

The Red Cross provided temporary housing for the family.

Reach Thousands of Potential Customers on The South Shore and Beyond! Call WATD Today for More Info on Radio and Internet Advertising: (781) 837-1166

watd signal 2017 small


About David Skill

Dave Skill’s radio career began in the fall of 1964 when he arrived on the campus of Holy Cross College in Worcester, MA. Dave barely got his bags unpacked when he paid a visit to WCHC, the campus radio station. And, before he knew it, he was spending so much time as a disc jockey and news writer/reporter, it seemed like he was majoring in “radio” and minoring in academics at “The Cross”. As you might imagine, his grades reflected it! During his junior and senior years, he also worked weekends in news and as a disc jockey at WNEB, the CBS radio affiliate in Worcester at the time... Click here to read more about Dave