Weymouth: Apartment house fire forces residents to evacuate

No injuries were reported after residents of an apartment complex on Washington Street in Weymouth were told to leave the building after high levels of carbon monoxide filled the building. Firefighters were called to 134 Washington Street just after 10 a.m. on Sunday. A contractor was working in the basement of the building cutting pieces of concrete with a power saw when dust and smoke filled the air setting off the building’s smoke detectors. Firefighters opened the windows and used fans to clear the air before residents were allowed back inside.

About David Skill

Dave Skill’s radio career began in the fall of 1964 when he arrived on the campus of Holy Cross College in Worcester, MA. Dave barely got his bags unpacked when he paid a visit to WCHC, the campus radio station. And, before he knew it, he was spending so much time as a disc jockey and news writer/reporter, it seemed like he was majoring in “radio” and minoring in academics at “The Cross”. As you might imagine, his grades reflected it! During his junior and senior years, he also worked weekends in news and as a disc jockey at WNEB, the CBS radio affiliate in Worcester at the time.