A golf tournment is being held Tuesday by the Jonathan Rizzo Memorial Foundation at the Pinehills Golf Club in Plymouth. Mike Rizzo is Jonathan’s father, and said that when they started this golf tournament ten years ago in honor and memory of his son who was murdered in 2001, they had no idea it would become such a force. So far, it has raised close to $1 million. Rizzo said: “When I started this, I made an off-handed remark that wouldn’t it be great if we could raise a million dollars in Jonathan’s name, never even thinking it was possible, and I think it’s a tribute to the community and our friends who put on this tournament every year that we’re able to do that”. The money raised from the tournments has gone to help many local families and causes that Jonathan felt strongly about, especially those that helped children. And, While this may be the tournament’s final year, it will not be the end of the foundation. They will be looking for different types of fundraising venues in the future.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
WATD Remote Broadcasts
- Remote Broadcast: The Village Market on Scituate Harbor, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., Wednesday, July 15th
- Remote Broadcast: The South Shore’s Morning News Live from The Porch at The Marshfield Hills General Store, Friday, July 17th, 6 – 10 a.m.
- Remote Broadcast: Rob Hakala Will Broadcast Live from Gerard Farm in Marshfield, Friday, July 17th, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Nautical News: For the week of July 5 http://t.co/lozzCBJQSv about 14 seconds ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Boston: Statehouse Hearing Scheduled for Special Education Bills http://t.co/Rw0C04DLj7 about 47 minutes ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Scituate: July 3rd in Humarock – Raucous and Peaceful (Audio Report) http://t.co/FIyzXviLMp about 2 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Brockton: Funeral to be Held For State Sen. Thomas Kennedy http://t.co/ajY6ozbgVH about 7 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.