A golf tournment is being held Tuesday by the Jonathan Rizzo Memorial Foundation at the Pinehills Golf Club in Plymouth. Mike Rizzo is Jonathan’s father, and said that when they started this golf tournament ten years ago in honor and memory of his son who was murdered in 2001, they had no idea it would become such a force. So far, it has raised close to $1 million. Rizzo said: “When I started this, I made an off-handed remark that wouldn’t it be great if we could raise a million dollars in Jonathan’s name, never even thinking it was possible, and I think it’s a tribute to the community and our friends who put on this tournament every year that we’re able to do that”. The money raised from the tournments has gone to help many local families and causes that Jonathan felt strongly about, especially those that helped children. And, While this may be the tournament’s final year, it will not be the end of the foundation. They will be looking for different types of fundraising venues in the future.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Hull: Fire consumes long-vacant house: After 40 years of sitting vacant, according t... http://t.co/jtKfuu5ATT via @SouthShoreNews about 4 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @StvBurns: In #Hull, most of fire is out, just hitting some hot corners. Told house has been vacant for 15 yrs @959watdfm http://t.co/P5… about 10 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Remote Broadcast: Cheese Tasting at The Market at The Pinehills in Plymouth on Tuesday, November 11th from 11 ... http://t.co/O0RVmRlaZ1 about 12 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Middleboro: Selectmen holding interviews for new town manager: Middleboro selectmen ... http://t.co/tmA40hOSt0 via @SouthShoreNews about 18 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.