Plymouth Town Meeting moved quickly through more than 30 warrant articles last night.. The article to create a small meals tax in order to help pay for the 400th anniversary celebration was hotly debated. And, even though the Select Board was unanimous in its opposition to the tax, it passed by a slim margin. Town Meeting member Charles Bleitzer is a manager at East Bay Grill. He told town meeting that enough is enough: “From the restaurant’s point of view, it’s another tax on our customers. They already pay to park. It’s not the right time to have increased taxes in Plymouth.” Resident Mike Hanlon petitioned this article that was threatened with an appeal in the event it passed:“I think if the opponents actually file their petition to repeal it, that’s whenthe hard works going to start.” Town Moderator Steven Triffletti says another article caused a great deal of discussion: “The most notable would be the purchase of a parcel of land on Plymouth Long Beach for $850,000, in order to provide the town with access to both sides of Long Beach.” Town meeting member Ginny Davis voted no stating that only those with 4-wheel drive vehicles can go out to Long Beach. “I feel it benefits only a minority. It’s a benefit for 4-wheel drivers.” Environmental Manager David Gould said: “It’s one of those properties, I think, decades from now, people will realize the foresight that the town had tonight and will appreciate what we’ve done.” Town meeting completed all the articles in one night.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- South Shore's Morning NewsStarts: 5:00 amEnds: October 1, 2014 - 10:00 amDescription: From local and national news, sports and weather to informative interviews with people from across the south shore and the world, The South Shore’s Morning News is the right way to start your day! Visit http://959watd.com/ssmorningnews for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Police say the city-wide sweep on Monday netted multiple arrests along with the seizure of drugs, weapons and cash. http://t.co/hOSCKegpNl about 1 hour ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Brockton: Local filmmaker to hold meet & greet: A Brockton filmmaker is set to unvei... http://t.co/VSQV0vE1Fx via @SouthShoreNews about 6 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Middleboro: 20 year-old man due in court facing drug and breaking and entering charg... http://t.co/3Roe3b0SSX via @SouthShoreNews about 20 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Quincy: Three-alarm fire reported at Old City Hall: No injuries are reported in a th... http://t.co/r6MO0hPDev via @SouthShoreNews about 22 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.