Massachusetts cranberry farmers are expecting a robust crop this fall. Hilary Sandler, a cranberry specialist at the UMass Cranberry Station in Wareham, tells the Cape Cod Times that growing conditions this summer were optimal, with enough hot days interspersed with the right amount of rain. Sandler says experts are predicting a harvest of 2.1 million barrels. A barrel, or 100 pounds of cranberries, costs an average of $20 to $25 for a grower to produce. Sandler says Massachusetts’ projected harvest amounts to an 11% increase over last year’s. Not all the news is good for farmers. Sandler says a robust harvest tends to depress prices.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Precision Weather Forecasting
SnoCountry.com Mountain Snowfall Reports
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 1-26-2015 featuring Kerry J Byrne from ColdHardFootball... http://t.co/gYDh8bUdid #mapoli #SouthShore about 10 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Thursday school closings and delays around the South Shore as of 6:30 p.m: Updating at: http://t.co/fne5u1iBTe... http://t.co/DAu8E5OqoX about 16 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Marshfield Public Schools are the first on the South Shore to cancel school tomorrow. Their after school and... http://t.co/wHUIrtHjbk about 20 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Goldie’s Golf Getaways ~ Los Cabos San Lucas, Mexico: January 15, 2015 ~ This week it’s off ... http://t.co/MSB7A0kmTt via @GoldieBounce about 21 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.