Massachusetts cranberry farmers are expecting a robust crop this fall. Hilary Sandler, a cranberry specialist at the UMass Cranberry Station in Wareham, tells the Cape Cod Times that growing conditions this summer were optimal, with enough hot days interspersed with the right amount of rain. Sandler says experts are predicting a harvest of 2.1 million barrels. A barrel, or 100 pounds of cranberries, costs an average of $20 to $25 for a grower to produce. Sandler says Massachusetts’ projected harvest amounts to an 11% increase over last year’s. Not all the news is good for farmers. Sandler says a robust harvest tends to depress prices.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- Friends with BenefitsStarts: 9:30 pmEnds: July 23, 2014 - 10:30 pmDescription: Friends with Benefits is a comprehensive look at relationships and personalities in the 21st century. Exploring the trials and tribulations of human behavior and how it affects relationships. Visit http://959watd.com/programming/weekday-nights/wednesday/friendswithbenefits for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Marshfield: Reports of large fight, tires slashed in apartment parking lot off Rt. 1... http://t.co/qJtQsNKJtY via @SouthShoreNews about 1 hour ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Tonight on Veterans' Voice Radio at 7:30 p.m. on 95.9 WATD: The American Legion will be the main topic of... http://t.co/I85ZWOWgyI about 2 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Remote Broadcast: The Market at The Pinehills in Plymouth on Friday, July 25th, from 12-2 PM: Join Rob Hakala ... http://t.co/9HlLQm3B85 about 6 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Scituate: Selectman Rick Murray turns in resignation: Scituate Selectman Rick Murray... http://t.co/C1RucLzTle via @SouthShoreNews about 7 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
WATD Business Phone: (781) 837-1166 WATD News Room: (781) 837-1169 WATD On Air Phone: (781) 837-4900
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050