Massachusetts cranberry farmers are expecting a robust crop this fall. Hilary Sandler, a cranberry specialist at the UMass Cranberry Station in Wareham, tells the Cape Cod Times that growing conditions this summer were optimal, with enough hot days interspersed with the right amount of rain. Sandler says experts are predicting a harvest of 2.1 million barrels. A barrel, or 100 pounds of cranberries, costs an average of $20 to $25 for a grower to produce. Sandler says Massachusetts’ projected harvest amounts to an 11% increase over last year’s. Not all the news is good for farmers. Sandler says a robust harvest tends to depress prices.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- The Late-Morning Show with Larry NelsonStarts: 10:00 amEnds: October 30, 2014 - 2:00 pmDescription: Larry Nelson plays your favorite songs from recent hits to classic oldies that’ll bring back those old memories. With Local/National News at 12:00 pm. Call 781-837-4900 to request a song!
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Brockton: Mayor, DA & Yancey family to announce reward fund: A press conference led ... http://t.co/onkPN4UmFz via @SouthShoreNews about 50 minutes ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- WATD owner and founder, Ed Perry, wins Massachusetts Broadcasters Association 2014 Broadcaster of the Year. http://t.co/73b3G4XF22 about 11 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @WATDSports Goldie’s Golf Getaways ~ Sandals Emerald Bay Great Exuma, Bahamas http://t.co/d92Vgzr6jw via @GoldieBounce about 19 hours ago from twitterfeed in reply to WATDSports ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Audio: Full listing of archived 2014 WATD political forums: http://t.co/c6g0M9FO4U via @SouthShoreNews 07:27:40 AM October 29, 2014 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.