Representatives of the state’s Department of Public Utilities held a public hearing in the Massasoit Conference Center Tuesday night. In September, the Quincy City Council voted to force the DPU to investigate the response of National Grid to tropical storm Irene. That decision caused the agency to hold four public hearings across the state. Three dozen people attended the hearing, including elected officials, fire chiefs and representatives of National Grid. Marcy Reed, President of National Grid Massachusetts, said competition for repair crews among utility companies all along the east coast limited her corporation to half the number of crews it needed. State Sen. Thomas Kennedy said Reed’s report reminded him of his school report cards – lack of effort. A parade of fire chiefs said they kept up-to-date power restoration priority lists with National Grid which the corporation ignored. They said repeated requests to determine whether downed lines carried electricity or could be safely moved to allow removal of downed trees, received no response for three or more days. A representative of the Attorney General’s office said she would work with DPU in investigating the corporation’s response.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- Wide World of Blues w/ Peter BlackStarts: 10:00 pmEnds: September 16, 2014 - 2:00 amDescription: From BB King, Muddy Waters and Buddy Guy to Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Bonnie Raitt, the Wide World of Blues features both traditional and contemporary blues artists. Visit http://959watd.com/programming/wide-world-of-blues for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
- Remote Broadcast: The Market at The Pinehills in Plymouth on Friday, October 10th from 11 AM – 2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: South Shore Chamber of Commerce at Lombardo’s in Randolph on Thursday, October 9th from 11 AM – 2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: Dream Kitchens and More in Pembroke on Friday, September 19th, from 11-2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: CANCELED: The South Shore Natural Science Center in Norwell on Saturday, September 13th from 12-2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: Plimouth Plantation in Plymouth on Saturday, September 27th from 12-3 PM
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Music Matters: Country Music Singer Jilly Martin: Today we meet Country Music Singer Jilly Martin Click Here f... http://t.co/G9lmCu0j5o about 4 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Road To Responsibility, Inc. is happy to announce their Annual Gala will take place this October 9th at the... http://t.co/7Ic4wn9Qhq about 8 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Remote Broadcast: The Market at The Pinehills in Plymouth on Friday, October 10th from 11 AM – 2 PM: Join WATD... http://t.co/s5rcz9P9HU about 13 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 9-8-2014 featuring Diane Goldsmith and Andrew Erusha fr... http://t.co/ARA85b8BXS #mapoli #SouthShore about 22 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
WATD Business Phone: (781) 837-1166 WATD News Room: (781) 837-1169 WATD On Air Phone: (781) 837-4900
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050