Representatives of the state’s Department of Public Utilities held a public hearing in the Massasoit Conference Center Tuesday night. In September, the Quincy City Council voted to force the DPU to investigate the response of National Grid to tropical storm Irene. That decision caused the agency to hold four public hearings across the state. Three dozen people attended the hearing, including elected officials, fire chiefs and representatives of National Grid. Marcy Reed, President of National Grid Massachusetts, said competition for repair crews among utility companies all along the east coast limited her corporation to half the number of crews it needed. State Sen. Thomas Kennedy said Reed’s report reminded him of his school report cards – lack of effort. A parade of fire chiefs said they kept up-to-date power restoration priority lists with National Grid which the corporation ignored. They said repeated requests to determine whether downed lines carried electricity or could be safely moved to allow removal of downed trees, received no response for three or more days. A representative of the Attorney General’s office said she would work with DPU in investigating the corporation’s response.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- Cathy DeeStarts: 2:00 pmEnds: July 31, 2014 - 6:00 pmLocation: 95.9 WATD FMDescription: Cathy Dee plays the South Shore’s greatest hits, with traffic every 10 minutes on the 9′s with Malcolm Alter every weekday afternoon from 2-6pm on 95.9 WATD FM. Complete with updates from the WATD News Department with local/national news at 4, 5, and 6pm. Visit Cathy's page at http://www.959watd.com/cathyd/
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Audio Interview: Retired Officer William McGreal, who busted cocaine trafficker Geor... http://t.co/9kLLBJDr4Z via @SouthShoreNews about 22 minutes ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Quincy: Church vandalized: (AP) – Police are asking for the public’s help as they tr... http://t.co/aq0elk8TQd via @SouthShoreNews about 2 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @WATDSSMN: What to do with the kids: Friday, August 1 – Sunday, August 3, 2014: Weekend Events:... http://t.co/2rgaJaIaCB via @959watdfm about 6 hours ago from twitterfeed in reply to WATDSSMN ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 7-28-2014 featuring Garrett Olson, of Plymouth Communit... http://t.co/ShvhZ3M4DC #mapoli #SouthShore about 17 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
For Email Marketing you can trust
|WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050