Representatives of the state’s Department of Public Utilities held a public hearing in the Massasoit Conference Center Tuesday night. In September, the Quincy City Council voted to force the DPU to investigate the response of National Grid to tropical storm Irene. That decision caused the agency to hold four public hearings across the state. Three dozen people attended the hearing, including elected officials, fire chiefs and representatives of National Grid. Marcy Reed, President of National Grid Massachusetts, said competition for repair crews among utility companies all along the east coast limited her corporation to half the number of crews it needed. State Sen. Thomas Kennedy said Reed’s report reminded him of his school report cards – lack of effort. A parade of fire chiefs said they kept up-to-date power restoration priority lists with National Grid which the corporation ignored. They said repeated requests to determine whether downed lines carried electricity or could be safely moved to allow removal of downed trees, received no response for three or more days. A representative of the Attorney General’s office said she would work with DPU in investigating the corporation’s response.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- South Shore's Morning NewsStarts: 5:00 amEnds: July 24, 2014 - 10:00 amDescription: From local and national news, sports and weather to informative interviews with people from across the south shore and the world, The South Shore’s Morning News is the right way to start your day! Visit http://959watd.com/ssmorningnews for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- We're here at the Marshfield Hills General Store! Come visit!! 165 Prospect St in Marshfield! http://t.co/lmUFdL06Jp about 2 minutes ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Norwell Fire Chief Andy Reardon confirms motorcycle into pole with two fatalities. River St closed between Green and Tara. Avoid the area. about 26 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BREAKING: Two fatalities in motorcycle crash on River Street in Norwell. River closed between Green and Tara. More info as we have it about 34 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Working fire in West Bridgewater - 255 Pleasant St, house fully inv. Easton engine to scene, Bwater covering WB stations. More as we know it about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
WATD Business Phone: (781) 837-1166 WATD News Room: (781) 837-1169 WATD On Air Phone: (781) 837-4900
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050