Representatives of the state’s Department of Public Utilities held a public hearing in the Massasoit Conference Center Tuesday night. In September, the Quincy City Council voted to force the DPU to investigate the response of National Grid to tropical storm Irene. That decision caused the agency to hold four public hearings across the state. Three dozen people attended the hearing, including elected officials, fire chiefs and representatives of National Grid. Marcy Reed, President of National Grid Massachusetts, said competition for repair crews among utility companies all along the east coast limited her corporation to half the number of crews it needed. State Sen. Thomas Kennedy said Reed’s report reminded him of his school report cards – lack of effort. A parade of fire chiefs said they kept up-to-date power restoration priority lists with National Grid which the corporation ignored. They said repeated requests to determine whether downed lines carried electricity or could be safely moved to allow removal of downed trees, received no response for three or more days. A representative of the Attorney General’s office said she would work with DPU in investigating the corporation’s response.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Braintree: Providence Teens Arrested for Shoplifting http://t.co/fg7ZYXUQUP about 1 hour ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hanson: Two-Car Crash on Main St. http://t.co/Po0PIjV7jM about 3 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Taunton: Decision Clearing Path for Tribal Casino Coming Soon, Says Feds http://t.co/uy0XlFdgf3 about 4 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Plymouth: Pilgrim Nuclear Back Online, Shutdown Due to Broken Instrument Control Line http://t.co/dF3pCrxxpY about 5 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.