Plymouth Town Clerk Lawrence Pizer reported to the Board of Selectmen last night that the petition drive to hold a special election concerning the meals tax was successful. The tax, that was approved at the recent town meeting, is intended, in part, to pay for the town’s 400th Anniversary Celebration. Pizer said: “I recommended January 14th for a date for a referendum on Article 29, the meals tax,and they voted unanimously to support that.” Pizer also discussed a polling place for precinct 15: “I recommended that we locate precinct 15 — the new precinct – starting on January 1, at the Stonebridge Club in the Pine Hills.” Selectmen Matt Muratore, who said he was unhappy with the cost of the election, now estimated to be about $33,000, questioned if it could be combined with the annual spring town election. Pizer explained that it could not because that would not meet the requirements of the town’s charter. The charter directs a small period of time in which such an election can be held; and waiting until spring would not meet the spirit of the charter.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- South Shore's Morning NewsStarts: 5:00 amEnds: October 2, 2014 - 10:00 amDescription: From local and national news, sports and weather to informative interviews with people from across the south shore and the world, The South Shore’s Morning News is the right way to start your day! Visit http://959watd.com/ssmorningnews for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Plymouth: Official in Sheriff’s Department accused of drunk driving, hit-and-run: A ... http://t.co/hMJdRhAi3F via @SouthShoreNews about 33 minutes ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Whitman: Town’s annual holiday event Winterfest to end after 20 years: Organizers ar... http://t.co/ZczcnQnxrT via @SouthShoreNews about 6 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 41-year-old Army Maj. Michael Donahue, who was raised in Whitman, was killed by a suicide bomber during his third... http://t.co/dWkvvrdP5E about 13 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Cape Cod: Missing Afghan officers fear death if they go home: The three Afghanistan ... http://t.co/h172sC1LJl via @SouthShoreNews about 14 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.