Plymouth Town Clerk Lawrence Pizer reported to the Board of Selectmen last night that the petition drive to hold a special election concerning the meals tax was successful. The tax, that was approved at the recent town meeting, is intended, in part, to pay for the town’s 400th Anniversary Celebration. Pizer said: “I recommended January 14th for a date for a referendum on Article 29, the meals tax,and they voted unanimously to support that.” Pizer also discussed a polling place for precinct 15: “I recommended that we locate precinct 15 — the new precinct – starting on January 1, at the Stonebridge Club in the Pine Hills.” Selectmen Matt Muratore, who said he was unhappy with the cost of the election, now estimated to be about $33,000, questioned if it could be combined with the annual spring town election. Pizer explained that it could not because that would not meet the requirements of the town’s charter. The charter directs a small period of time in which such an election can be held; and waiting until spring would not meet the spirit of the charter.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- The Late-Morning Show with Larry NelsonStarts: 10:00 amEnds: October 24, 2014 - 2:00 pmDescription: Larry Nelson plays your favorite songs from recent hits to classic oldies that’ll bring back those old memories. With Local/National News at 12:00 pm. Call 781-837-4900 to request a song!
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Hull: Paragon Carousel closes for the season: Another season for the Paragon Carouse... http://t.co/ZJBMReMh6T via @SouthShoreNews about 4 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Brockton: Ceremony planned to rename Marciano Stadium press box: A special ceremony ... http://t.co/3IG1ihkXFW via @SouthShoreNews about 11 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Whitman: Town to hold First Night celebration: The committee that organized Whitman’... http://t.co/8w3eupxQTe via @SouthShoreNews about 11 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @WATDSSMN: What to do with the Kids: October 24th – 26th, 2014: Weekend Events: Ned Bangs from ... http://t.co/i4ajmqPWrW via @959watdfm about 12 hours ago from twitterfeed in reply to WATDSSMN ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.