Plymouth Town Clerk Lawrence Pizer reported to the Board of Selectmen last night that the petition drive to hold a special election concerning the meals tax was successful. The tax, that was approved at the recent town meeting, is intended, in part, to pay for the town’s 400th Anniversary Celebration. Pizer said: “I recommended January 14th for a date for a referendum on Article 29, the meals tax,and they voted unanimously to support that.” Pizer also discussed a polling place for precinct 15: “I recommended that we locate precinct 15 — the new precinct – starting on January 1, at the Stonebridge Club in the Pine Hills.” Selectmen Matt Muratore, who said he was unhappy with the cost of the election, now estimated to be about $33,000, questioned if it could be combined with the annual spring town election. Pizer explained that it could not because that would not meet the requirements of the town’s charter. The charter directs a small period of time in which such an election can be held; and waiting until spring would not meet the spirit of the charter.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Precision Weather Forecasting
SnoCountry.com Mountain Snowfall Reports
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Get your ice melt ready. WATD Chief Meteorologist Rob Gilman expects snow/rain tomorrow with highs around 37,... http://t.co/55m80gyUd4 about 7 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Governors announce Super Bowl food bank donations http://t.co/AXt95hurEo about 9 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 1-26-2015 featuring Kerry J Byrne from ColdHardFootball... http://t.co/gYDh8bUdid #mapoli #SouthShore 12:52:38 AM January 29, 2015 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Thursday school closings and delays around the South Shore as of 6:30 p.m: Updating at: http://t.co/fne5u1iBTe... http://t.co/DAu8E5OqoX 06:30:39 PM January 28, 2015 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.