Plymouth Town Clerk Lawrence Pizer reported to the Board of Selectmen last night that the petition drive to hold a special election concerning the meals tax was successful. The tax, that was approved at the recent town meeting, is intended, in part, to pay for the town’s 400th Anniversary Celebration. Pizer said: “I recommended January 14th for a date for a referendum on Article 29, the meals tax,and they voted unanimously to support that.” Pizer also discussed a polling place for precinct 15: “I recommended that we locate precinct 15 — the new precinct – starting on January 1, at the Stonebridge Club in the Pine Hills.” Selectmen Matt Muratore, who said he was unhappy with the cost of the election, now estimated to be about $33,000, questioned if it could be combined with the annual spring town election. Pizer explained that it could not because that would not meet the requirements of the town’s charter. The charter directs a small period of time in which such an election can be held; and waiting until spring would not meet the spirit of the charter.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- South Shore's Morning NewsStarts: 5:00 amEnds: September 2, 2014 - 10:00 amDescription: From local and national news, sports and weather to informative interviews with people from across the south shore and the world, The South Shore’s Morning News is the right way to start your day! Visit http://959watd.com/ssmorningnews for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
- Remote Broadcast: Plimouth Plantation in Plymouth on Saturday, September 27th from 12-3 PM
- Remote Broadcast: The Lobster Hut in Plymouth on Friday, September 5th from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM
- Remote Broadcast: The South Shore Natural Science Center in Norwell on Saturday, September 13th from 12-2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: SSMN live from Scituate on Friday, August 29th from 6-10 AM
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Southfield: Weymouth Mayor Kay calls upcoming deadlines “terrible,” but “it has to w... http://t.co/K8nobpq9M6 via @SouthShoreNews about 1 hour ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 9-1-2014 featuring Republican 5th Plymouth District Sta... http://t.co/PihIBUYfXT #mapoli #SouthShore about 6 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD AUDIO: Republican Forum – 5th Plymouth District State Representative seat: Here’s th... http://t.co/wNFeY1OFud via @SouthShoreNews about 7 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @goldiebounce: @959watdfm Will Perry #photobombing @WATDSSMN Liza Churchill as she interviews @DBChampionship #winner Chris Kirk http://… about 10 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
WATD Business Phone: (781) 837-1166 WATD News Room: (781) 837-1169 WATD On Air Phone: (781) 837-4900
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050