Plymouth Town Clerk Lawrence Pizer reported to the Board of Selectmen last night that the petition drive to hold a special election concerning the meals tax was successful. The tax, that was approved at the recent town meeting, is intended, in part, to pay for the town’s 400th Anniversary Celebration. Pizer said: “I recommended January 14th for a date for a referendum on Article 29, the meals tax,and they voted unanimously to support that.” Pizer also discussed a polling place for precinct 15: “I recommended that we locate precinct 15 — the new precinct – starting on January 1, at the Stonebridge Club in the Pine Hills.” Selectmen Matt Muratore, who said he was unhappy with the cost of the election, now estimated to be about $33,000, questioned if it could be combined with the annual spring town election. Pizer explained that it could not because that would not meet the requirements of the town’s charter. The charter directs a small period of time in which such an election can be held; and waiting until spring would not meet the spirit of the charter.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- RT @JimManning9: @959watdfm Nice day but a Tstorm in spots in PM/eve, 89. Model shown at 5pm - forecast: http://t.co/0PsU4p9UWo http://t.co… about 16 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Marshfield: Police Say Suspicious Package Contained Cake Batter http://t.co/rHrS3leHug 07:48:59 PM July 31, 2015 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Brockton: Man Indicted on Arson Charges for Church Fire http://t.co/7HHIdGR7Qe 07:06:07 PM July 31, 2015 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Plymouth: ZBA’s Questionable Executive Session http://t.co/ddmhq6HzMy 05:23:23 PM July 31, 2015 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.