Plymouth Town Clerk Lawrence Pizer reported to the Board of Selectmen last night that the petition drive to hold a special election concerning the meals tax was successful. The tax, that was approved at the recent town meeting, is intended, in part, to pay for the town’s 400th Anniversary Celebration. Pizer said: “I recommended January 14th for a date for a referendum on Article 29, the meals tax,and they voted unanimously to support that.” Pizer also discussed a polling place for precinct 15: “I recommended that we locate precinct 15 — the new precinct – starting on January 1, at the Stonebridge Club in the Pine Hills.” Selectmen Matt Muratore, who said he was unhappy with the cost of the election, now estimated to be about $33,000, questioned if it could be combined with the annual spring town election. Pizer explained that it could not because that would not meet the requirements of the town’s charter. The charter directs a small period of time in which such an election can be held; and waiting until spring would not meet the spirit of the charter.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- South Shore's Morning NewsStarts: 5:00 amEnds: October 21, 2014 - 10:00 amDescription: From local and national news, sports and weather to informative interviews with people from across the south shore and the world, The South Shore’s Morning News is the right way to start your day! Visit http://959watd.com/ssmorningnews for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Scituate: Selectmen preparing for two fall town meetings: Scituate Selectmen are g... http://t.co/hjrBxPSAtQ via @SouthShoreNews about 9 minutes ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 10-20-2014 featuring 10th Plymouth District State Repre... http://t.co/8i1ybh8FpT #mapoli #SouthShore about 5 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 10-20-2014 featuring 5th Plymouth District State Rep Forum http://t.co/WmnhqDkLJk #mapoli #SouthShore about 5 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD AUDIO: 10th Plymouth District State Representative’s Forum: Here’s the audio from a ... http://t.co/I7nGtB2Vh1 via @SouthShoreNews about 5 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
For Email Marketing you can trust
|WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.