Following years of frustrating efforts to come up with a price for a large section of land at the old South Weymouth Naval Air Station, the developers of SouthField signed a binding deal Tuesday to buy the land from the Navy. In August, both sides reached a preliminary deal for South Shore Tri-Town Development Corporation to buy about 680 acres of land from the Navy for $25 million. They had only until Tuesday to sign a binding purchase and sale agreement. Tri-Town, which is overseeing the redevelopment at the base, and LNR Property Corporation, plan to build 2,800 homes and develop commercial space, as well. Construction has already started on a parcel of land the Navy had transferred to Tri-Town in 2003.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
WATD Remote Broadcasts
- The Plymouth Philharmonic 4th of July Concert on Plymouth Waterfront at 7:30 PM
- Remote Broadcast: Rob Hakala, Host of the South Shore’s Morning News, Will Broadcast Live from Gerard Farm in Marshfield, Friday, July 17th, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., in Celebration of National Ice Cream Day!
- Remote Broadcast: The South Shore’s Morning News Live from The Porch at The Marshfield Hills General Store, Friday, July 17th, 6 – 10 a.m.
- Remote Broadcast: The Village Market on Scituate Harbor, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., Wednesday, July 15th
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Brockton: Funeral Arrangements for Senator Thomas Kennedy http://t.co/h3FNmV2oaP about 6 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Plymouth: Rescue Crews Recover Worker’s Body http://t.co/lwpzmgmGJY about 8 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The victim has been identified as a 65-year-old man from Whitman, who was a P.A. Landers employee. http://t.co/AgZkzQDf8z about 8 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Plymouth: Worker Dies in Construction Accident http://t.co/49VAxzCjla about 9 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.