Following years of frustrating efforts to come up with a price for a large section of land at the old South Weymouth Naval Air Station, the developers of SouthField signed a binding deal Tuesday to buy the land from the Navy. In August, both sides reached a preliminary deal for South Shore Tri-Town Development Corporation to buy about 680 acres of land from the Navy for $25 million. They had only until Tuesday to sign a binding purchase and sale agreement. Tri-Town, which is overseeing the redevelopment at the base, and LNR Property Corporation, plan to build 2,800 homes and develop commercial space, as well. Construction has already started on a parcel of land the Navy had transferred to Tri-Town in 2003.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- All Things Food and Health! Hosted by Ilene and Jeff HillsStarts: 6:15 pmEnds: August 20, 2014 - 7:30 pmDescription: All Things Food is hosted by Ilene and Jeff Hills. Every question you have about food, dining, and cooking will be covered. Visit http://959watd.com/programming/weekday-nights/wednesday/all-things-food for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Have you seen Brian Lies and his bats driving around the South Shore? Brian's in studio with Rob and Lisa to talk... http://t.co/hQHtXxI4fD about 9 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Plymouth: Police chief defends having miliary style vehicles and weapons: Images of ... http://t.co/n3StiJ9G2K via @SouthShoreNews about 10 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 8-18-2014 featuring Jeni Mather, Founder and Director o... http://t.co/nJWPVtRa7G #mapoli #SouthShore about 18 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Norwell: Trash talk takes center stage in Norwell: There was lots of trash talk goin... http://t.co/M0FORQW0oX via @SouthShoreNews 11:19:04 AM August 19, 2014 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
For Email Marketing you can trust
|WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050