Following years of frustrating efforts to come up with a price for a large section of land at the old South Weymouth Naval Air Station, the developers of SouthField signed a binding deal Tuesday to buy the land from the Navy. In August, both sides reached a preliminary deal for South Shore Tri-Town Development Corporation to buy about 680 acres of land from the Navy for $25 million. They had only until Tuesday to sign a binding purchase and sale agreement. Tri-Town, which is overseeing the redevelopment at the base, and LNR Property Corporation, plan to build 2,800 homes and develop commercial space, as well. Construction has already started on a parcel of land the Navy had transferred to Tri-Town in 2003.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- South Shore's Morning NewsStarts: 5:00 amEnds: July 28, 2014 - 10:00 amDescription: From local and national news, sports and weather to informative interviews with people from across the south shore and the world, The South Shore’s Morning News is the right way to start your day! Visit http://959watd.com/ssmorningnews for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Duxbury: Human remains found on side of road: Duxbury and State Police are investiga... http://t.co/pN0b0s48gY via @SouthShoreNews about 2 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Cohasset: South Shore man nabbed for second O.U.I.: A South Shore man will appear... http://t.co/bDhrVo7Zj6 via @SouthShoreNews about 14 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 7-21-2014 featuring Psychologist Dr. Kate Roberts http://t.co/QYsACEAm0w #mapoli #SouthShore about 14 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 7-21-2014 featuring Chris Zito, radio personality and comedian http://t.co/xnjHroxyCh #mapoli #SouthShore about 16 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
For Email Marketing you can trust
|WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050