Following years of frustrating efforts to come up with a price for a large section of land at the old South Weymouth Naval Air Station, the developers of SouthField signed a binding deal Tuesday to buy the land from the Navy. In August, both sides reached a preliminary deal for South Shore Tri-Town Development Corporation to buy about 680 acres of land from the Navy for $25 million. They had only until Tuesday to sign a binding purchase and sale agreement. Tri-Town, which is overseeing the redevelopment at the base, and LNR Property Corporation, plan to build 2,800 homes and develop commercial space, as well. Construction has already started on a parcel of land the Navy had transferred to Tri-Town in 2003.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- The Late-Morning Show with Larry NelsonStarts: 10:00 amEnds: October 30, 2014 - 2:00 pmDescription: Larry Nelson plays your favorite songs from recent hits to classic oldies that’ll bring back those old memories. With Local/National News at 12:00 pm. Call 781-837-4900 to request a song!
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- @WATDSSMN: What to do with the kids: Friday, October 31 – November 2, 2014: Ned Bangs from the ... http://t.co/86vHpBKtKH via @959watdfm about 49 minutes ago from twitterfeed in reply to WATDSSMN ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Brockton: Mayor, DA & Yancey family to announce reward fund: A press conference led ... http://t.co/onkPN4UmFz via @SouthShoreNews about 3 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- WATD owner and founder, Ed Perry, wins Massachusetts Broadcasters Association 2014 Broadcaster of the Year. http://t.co/73b3G4XF22 about 14 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @WATDSports Goldie’s Golf Getaways ~ Sandals Emerald Bay Great Exuma, Bahamas http://t.co/d92Vgzr6jw via @GoldieBounce about 23 hours ago from twitterfeed in reply to WATDSports ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.