Following years of frustrating efforts to come up with a price for a large section of land at the old South Weymouth Naval Air Station, the developers of SouthField signed a binding deal Tuesday to buy the land from the Navy. In August, both sides reached a preliminary deal for South Shore Tri-Town Development Corporation to buy about 680 acres of land from the Navy for $25 million. They had only until Tuesday to sign a binding purchase and sale agreement. Tri-Town, which is overseeing the redevelopment at the base, and LNR Property Corporation, plan to build 2,800 homes and develop commercial space, as well. Construction has already started on a parcel of land the Navy had transferred to Tri-Town in 2003.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Join us until 10 a.m. this morning at the Marshfield Town Hall on on the South Shore Morning Tour 2015! Rob and... http://t.co/Ns1eNAWDu7 about 5 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @WATDSSMN: The South Shore Morning Tour at Marshfield Town Hall until 10am. Free coffee from Honey Dew. #watdtour http://t.co/JVW6q3ala9 about 5 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Here we have Dr. Reed and Dr. O'Connor of Opthalmic Consultants of Boston for the 7:00 hour of the #ssmorningtour... http://t.co/hArIqkJUpr about 6 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Thank You Valerie Williams of Proprietor's Green for sponsoring the 6:00 hour of the #ssmorningtour in #marshfield ! http://t.co/Ba6FmVxsjS about 6 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.