Following years of frustrating efforts to come up with a price for a large section of land at the old South Weymouth Naval Air Station, the developers of SouthField signed a binding deal Tuesday to buy the land from the Navy. In August, both sides reached a preliminary deal for South Shore Tri-Town Development Corporation to buy about 680 acres of land from the Navy for $25 million. They had only until Tuesday to sign a binding purchase and sale agreement. Tri-Town, which is overseeing the redevelopment at the base, and LNR Property Corporation, plan to build 2,800 homes and develop commercial space, as well. Construction has already started on a parcel of land the Navy had transferred to Tri-Town in 2003.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- The Late-Morning Show with Larry NelsonStarts: 10:00 amEnds: October 1, 2014 - 2:00 pmDescription: Larry Nelson plays your favorite songs from recent hits to classic oldies that’ll bring back those old memories. With Local/National News at 12:00 pm. Call 781-837-4900 to request a song!
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Police say the city-wide sweep on Monday netted multiple arrests along with the seizure of drugs, weapons and cash. http://t.co/hOSCKegpNl about 5 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Brockton: Local filmmaker to hold meet & greet: A Brockton filmmaker is set to unvei... http://t.co/VSQV0vE1Fx via @SouthShoreNews about 10 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Middleboro: 20 year-old man due in court facing drug and breaking and entering charg... http://t.co/3Roe3b0SSX via @SouthShoreNews 10:23:37 AM September 30, 2014 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Quincy: Three-alarm fire reported at Old City Hall: No injuries are reported in a th... http://t.co/r6MO0hPDev via @SouthShoreNews 08:26:48 AM September 30, 2014 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.