Following years of frustrating efforts to come up with a price for a large section of land at the old South Weymouth Naval Air Station, the developers of SouthField signed a binding deal Tuesday to buy the land from the Navy. In August, both sides reached a preliminary deal for South Shore Tri-Town Development Corporation to buy about 680 acres of land from the Navy for $25 million. They had only until Tuesday to sign a binding purchase and sale agreement. Tri-Town, which is overseeing the redevelopment at the base, and LNR Property Corporation, plan to build 2,800 homes and develop commercial space, as well. Construction has already started on a parcel of land the Navy had transferred to Tri-Town in 2003.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- Friday Night Blues PartyStarts: 10:00 pmEnds: July 26, 2014 - 3:00 amDescription: From BB King, Muddy Waters and Buddy Guy to Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Bonnie Raitt, the Wide World of Blues features both traditional and contemporary blues artists. Visit http://959watd.com/programming/wide-world-of-blues for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Tune in to the Shores Report after the 6:00 news with 9th Congressional District Republican candidate Dan Shores.... http://t.co/MnoI9YQB7y about 7 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Rob and Lisa are broadcasting until 2 today at The Market at Pinehills, Plymouth MA for their Taste of the... http://t.co/qFgzrG7mNL about 12 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Thanks to Shawn Dahlen, Chairman of the Duxbury Board of Selectmen, for closing out the #southshoretour with Rob... http://t.co/thwCk2v1N8 about 15 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Duxbury State Reps. Josh Cutler and Tom Calter talk friendly rivalries and local issues as we wind down another... http://t.co/fw8yJ640fz about 15 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
WATD Business Phone: (781) 837-1166 WATD News Room: (781) 837-1169 WATD On Air Phone: (781) 837-4900
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050