Middleboro: Teen’s 911 call saves mom’s life

A Middleboro teenager calls 911, saving her mother and herself from carbon monoxide poisoning.

The 16-year-old girl made the frantic call after her mother passed out Saturday morning inside her Kelley Dr. home.

Fire-fighters blame the deadly gas build-up on a wood-burning stove in the basement.

Mother and daughter were taken to a hospital for an examination.

Fire officials say the incident should serve as a warning to remind people to install and maintain carbon monoxide detectors on every level of their homes.


Reach Thousands of Potential Customers on The South Shore and Beyond! Call WATD Today for More Info on Radio and Internet Advertising: (781) 837-1166

watd signal 2017 small

Advertising


About Garo Hagopian

Garo Hagopian has been a member of the WATD family as a weekend news anchor since 2008, and has been a writer-producer-editor at WBZ in Boston since 1996.