The proposed purchase of 2-1/2 acres of county property next to the Plymouth Police Station got Finance Committee approval at their recent meeting, but only by a slim margin. Town Manager Mark Stankiewicz presented Article 13 calling for the million dollar purchase of the county property on Long Pond Road. Some FinCom members raised concerns about contamination. Richard Gladdys was one of them. He questioned why the town wants to buy property that is contaminated. Former DPW Director and Plymouth resident George Crombie echoed this concern: You buy the contamination; you buy the liability—why would the town do that when they don’t know who the trash belongs to at this point in time?” Town Manager Mark Stankiewicz responded: “If there’s contamination, it’s because of the landfill operation that the town was permitted to do on the county property—so the town probably bears a great deal of responsibility in that matter.” Although Stankiewicz, County Advisory Board Chair Dan Pallotta and County Treasurer Tom O’Brien defended the proposal, half of the committee remained unconvinced of the advisability of the purchase. The result was a tie vote, broken by Chairman Robert Naussau’s vote in favor.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- Cathy DeeStarts: 2:00 pmEnds: July 10, 2014 - 6:00 pmLocation: 95.9 WATD FMDescription: Cathy Dee plays the South Shore’s greatest hits, with traffic every 10 minutes on the 9′s with Malcolm Alter every weekday afternoon from 2-6pm on 95.9 WATD FM. Complete with updates from the WATD News Department with local/national news at 4, 5, and 6pm. Visit Cathy's page at http://www.959watd.com/cathyd/
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Music Matters: Steven Karidoyanes, conductor with the Plymouth Philharmonic Orchestra: Today we meet Steven Ka... http://t.co/KwqY57KDvn about 44 minutes ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For every "Like" Weymouth Bank receives on Facebook during the month of July they'll donate $ to a local food pantry! http://t.co/DTNj5XzYK9 about 47 minutes ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Preregistration is up and running for the 3rd annual Woodsy's Walk set for SUNDAY @ 11am at the Venus 2 in... http://t.co/FirZR5NE8T about 3 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Norwell: Selectmen dump online sidewalk survey for mail in option: Norwell selectmen... http://t.co/GoE8GGxrg1 via @SouthShoreNews about 6 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
WATD Business Phone: (781) 837-1166 WATD News Room: (781) 837-1169 WATD On Air Phone: (781) 837-4900
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050