The proposed purchase of 2-1/2 acres of county property next to the Plymouth Police Station got Finance Committee approval at their recent meeting, but only by a slim margin. Town Manager Mark Stankiewicz presented Article 13 calling for the million dollar purchase of the county property on Long Pond Road. Some FinCom members raised concerns about contamination. Richard Gladdys was one of them. He questioned why the town wants to buy property that is contaminated. Former DPW Director and Plymouth resident George Crombie echoed this concern: You buy the contamination; you buy the liability—why would the town do that when they don’t know who the trash belongs to at this point in time?” Town Manager Mark Stankiewicz responded: “If there’s contamination, it’s because of the landfill operation that the town was permitted to do on the county property—so the town probably bears a great deal of responsibility in that matter.” Although Stankiewicz, County Advisory Board Chair Dan Pallotta and County Treasurer Tom O’Brien defended the proposal, half of the committee remained unconvinced of the advisability of the purchase. The result was a tie vote, broken by Chairman Robert Naussau’s vote in favor.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
WATD Remote Broadcasts
- Remote Broadcast: Plymouth 400 Bass and Blue Fishing Tournament on Sunday, July 12th, 3-5 PM
- Remote Broadcast: The Village Market on Scituate Harbor, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., Wednesday, July 15th
- Remote Broadcast: The South Shore’s Morning News Live from The Porch at The Marshfield Hills General Store, Friday, July 17th, 6 – 10 a.m.
- Remote Broadcast: Rob Hakala Will Broadcast Live from Gerard Farm in Marshfield, Friday, July 17th, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 7-6-2015 featuring Boston Mayor Marty Walsh http://t.co/zOQ0ABEFeY #mapoli #SouthShore about 6 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 7-6-2015 featuring Massachusetts Senate President Stanl... http://t.co/lvRCasm0HV #mapoli #SouthShore about 10 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Traffic Update: Rt 3 South clear between X13 and X12 from an earlier car fire. #MaTraffic about 13 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Traffic Alert: Rt 3 South between X13: Rt 53/Hanover and X12: Rt 139. Vehicle fire. #MaTraffic about 14 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.