The proposed purchase of 2-1/2 acres of county property next to the Plymouth Police Station got Finance Committee approval at their recent meeting, but only by a slim margin. Town Manager Mark Stankiewicz presented Article 13 calling for the million dollar purchase of the county property on Long Pond Road. Some FinCom members raised concerns about contamination. Richard Gladdys was one of them. He questioned why the town wants to buy property that is contaminated. Former DPW Director and Plymouth resident George Crombie echoed this concern: You buy the contamination; you buy the liability—why would the town do that when they don’t know who the trash belongs to at this point in time?” Town Manager Mark Stankiewicz responded: “If there’s contamination, it’s because of the landfill operation that the town was permitted to do on the county property—so the town probably bears a great deal of responsibility in that matter.” Although Stankiewicz, County Advisory Board Chair Dan Pallotta and County Treasurer Tom O’Brien defended the proposal, half of the committee remained unconvinced of the advisability of the purchase. The result was a tie vote, broken by Chairman Robert Naussau’s vote in favor.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- South Shore's Morning NewsStarts: 5:00 amEnds: August 27, 2014 - 10:00 amDescription: From local and national news, sports and weather to informative interviews with people from across the south shore and the world, The South Shore’s Morning News is the right way to start your day! Visit http://959watd.com/ssmorningnews for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Marshfield: Three arrested after home invasion: Three people, including a mother and... http://t.co/jlwU5fdHlK via @SouthShoreNews about 13 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Bill Cosby On 959FM http://t.co/hR21mIyZFJ 08:50:06 AM August 26, 2014 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Listen at 7:11am w/Rob & Lisa to hear @BillCosby and a chance to win tickets to see Bill on Sat. at the @SSMusicCircus 06:57:32 AM August 26, 2014 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Duxbury: Shark sighting closes beach: Quite a few beach days were interrupted in Dux... http://t.co/cfeWCiNooa via @SouthShoreNews 05:48:53 AM August 26, 2014 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
For Email Marketing you can trust
|WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050