It wasn’t all that long ago that the Waverly Oaks Golf Club on Long Pond Road was considered the potential location of Plymouth Rock Studios. But, we know how that turned out, and Tuesday night the Plymouth Board of Selectmen voted to decline the right of first refusal on the property. Town Manager Melissa Arrighi says the owner does have a buyer: “The Board of Selectmen agreed to waive the 120 day time line requirement for the Waverly Oaks property. This is a thirty-three acre parcel in South Plymouth. The owner of that property does have a potential buyer. He’s given the town this period of time to let us know if we are an interested buyer of that property for $6.2 million.” And Arrighi says purchase by the town did not seem likely: “I just did not feel it was going to be possible. I checked with all appropriate boards and committees. It didn’t look like something the town was interested in.” The purchase and sale agreement shows Mark Ridder as the seller of the property and Colin Coleman of the Long Pond Road Realty Trust in Needham as the buyer.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Did you know WATD plays a local independent musician each day at 9:40am and 12:40pm? Listen this week to hear... http://t.co/1Og7INzMxR about 8 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Weymouth: Voters Reject $6.5 Million Operational Override http://t.co/LYFe16ODO2 about 8 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Abington: National Night Out Tonight http://t.co/PUj4pkLN8q about 14 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Thunder, lightning, wind and rain passing through many South Shore towns this morning left scattered outages in... http://t.co/Th8jA80Mhk about 19 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.