It wasn’t all that long ago that the Waverly Oaks Golf Club on Long Pond Road was considered the potential location of Plymouth Rock Studios. But, we know how that turned out, and Tuesday night the Plymouth Board of Selectmen voted to decline the right of first refusal on the property. Town Manager Melissa Arrighi says the owner does have a buyer: “The Board of Selectmen agreed to waive the 120 day time line requirement for the Waverly Oaks property. This is a thirty-three acre parcel in South Plymouth. The owner of that property does have a potential buyer. He’s given the town this period of time to let us know if we are an interested buyer of that property for $6.2 million.” And Arrighi says purchase by the town did not seem likely: “I just did not feel it was going to be possible. I checked with all appropriate boards and committees. It didn’t look like something the town was interested in.” The purchase and sale agreement shows Mark Ridder as the seller of the property and Colin Coleman of the Long Pond Road Realty Trust in Needham as the buyer.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- South Shore's Morning NewsStarts: 5:00 amEnds: October 23, 2014 - 10:00 amDescription: From local and national news, sports and weather to informative interviews with people from across the south shore and the world, The South Shore’s Morning News is the right way to start your day! Visit http://959watd.com/ssmorningnews for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Music Matters: Singer Jamie Lynn Hart: Today we meet Jamie Lynn Hart, lead singer in her self-titled band. Cli... http://t.co/dWq2OZrFFx about 11 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For over 20 years, WATD's nationally recognized blues DJ, Peter Black, has filled the South Shore's radio waves... http://t.co/3sUeXuninM about 12 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Today between 2-3 p.m. we will be off-air for a few minutes while we install a new piece of important audio... http://t.co/EPm7nCuhit about 15 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This weekend and next at the Marshfield Fair Grounds - it's Oktoberfest Marshfield! Admission is $5 and kids... http://t.co/a3oT6aSM48 about 18 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.