It wasn’t all that long ago that the Waverly Oaks Golf Club on Long Pond Road was considered the potential location of Plymouth Rock Studios. But, we know how that turned out, and Tuesday night the Plymouth Board of Selectmen voted to decline the right of first refusal on the property. Town Manager Melissa Arrighi says the owner does have a buyer: “The Board of Selectmen agreed to waive the 120 day time line requirement for the Waverly Oaks property. This is a thirty-three acre parcel in South Plymouth. The owner of that property does have a potential buyer. He’s given the town this period of time to let us know if we are an interested buyer of that property for $6.2 million.” And Arrighi says purchase by the town did not seem likely: “I just did not feel it was going to be possible. I checked with all appropriate boards and committees. It didn’t look like something the town was interested in.” The purchase and sale agreement shows Mark Ridder as the seller of the property and Colin Coleman of the Long Pond Road Realty Trust in Needham as the buyer.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- The Late-Morning Show with Larry NelsonStarts: 10:00 amEnds: September 22, 2014 - 2:00 pmDescription: Larry Nelson plays your favorite songs from recent hits to classic oldies that’ll bring back those old memories. With Local/National News at 12:00 pm. Call 781-837-4900 to request a song!
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
- Remote Broadcast: Dream Kitchens and More in Pembroke on Friday, September 19th, from 11-2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: Plimouth Plantation in Plymouth on Saturday, September 27th from 12-3 PM
- Remote Broadcast: South Shore Chamber of Commerce at Lombardo’s in Randolph on Thursday, October 9th from 11 AM – 2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: The Market at The Pinehills in Plymouth on Friday, October 10th from 11 AM – 2 PM
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Camp Edwards, MA: Three Afghanistan soldiers missing from training exercise: Three A... http://t.co/SVWJCtWqyx via @SouthShoreNews about 4 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD South Shore: Changes coming to some local parishes in the Boston archdiocese: Change... http://t.co/dhkc5bujxW via @SouthShoreNews about 5 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Boston: Appeals court denies new trial request for man convicted of killing daughte... http://t.co/1WzfHbLfUk via @SouthShoreNews about 20 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Tune in today from 9:30-10:00 a.m. as Ray Brown broadcasts his show, Ray Brown's Talkin' Birds, live from from... http://t.co/jOKiBuMfzh 07:00:02 AM September 21, 2014 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
WATD Business Phone: (781) 837-1166 WATD News Room: (781) 837-1169 WATD On Air Phone: (781) 837-4900
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050