It wasn’t all that long ago that the Waverly Oaks Golf Club on Long Pond Road was considered the potential location of Plymouth Rock Studios. But, we know how that turned out, and Tuesday night the Plymouth Board of Selectmen voted to decline the right of first refusal on the property. Town Manager Melissa Arrighi says the owner does have a buyer: “The Board of Selectmen agreed to waive the 120 day time line requirement for the Waverly Oaks property. This is a thirty-three acre parcel in South Plymouth. The owner of that property does have a potential buyer. He’s given the town this period of time to let us know if we are an interested buyer of that property for $6.2 million.” And Arrighi says purchase by the town did not seem likely: “I just did not feel it was going to be possible. I checked with all appropriate boards and committees. It didn’t look like something the town was interested in.” The purchase and sale agreement shows Mark Ridder as the seller of the property and Colin Coleman of the Long Pond Road Realty Trust in Needham as the buyer.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
WATD Remote Broadcasts
- The Plymouth Philharmonic 4th of July Concert on Plymouth Waterfront at 7:30 PM
- Remote Broadcast: The Village Market on Scituate Harbor, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., Wednesday, July 15th
- Remote Broadcast: The South Shore’s Morning News Live from The Porch at The Marshfield Hills General Store, Friday, July 17th, 6 – 10 a.m.
- Remote Broadcast: Rob Hakala Will Broadcast Live from Gerard Farm in Marshfield, Friday, July 17th, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- RT @Plymouth_400: Ed Perry of @959watdfm is chatting with our Exec. Director Michele Pecoraro now at the #PlymouthMA #July4th events! http:… about 5 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The @PlymouthPhil July 4th concert from the Plymouth waterfront on now on 95.9 FM. #plymouth #July4 about 5 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Whitman / Bridgewater friends: have you seen this puppy? Please be on the lookout for Beretta. http://t.co/XXkh2UMT1D about 17 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JimManning9: @959watdfm Expect a mainly cloudy day with a small risk of a brief light shower, 72 at beaches, 75 inland. Clouds break … about 18 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.