An early morning crash on Rt.24 in West Bridgewater claimed the lives of two people Sunday. State Police say the multi-car collision occurred yesterday morning at 4 a.m. on Route 24 northbound near the Route 106 exit. Police say several vehicles were involved including a truck, a sports utility vehicle and a vehicle traveling in the wrong direction. The crash reportedly caused the truck to burst into flames, and forced the closure of the roadway for several hours. State police have not identified the victims, pending notification of next of kin. One victim is reportedly a female in her late teens and the other is a man in his mid-40s. Both victims were traveling in separate vehicles. Easton, West Bridgewater and Bridgewater Fire Departments also responded to the scene. The cause of the crash remains under investigation. This is the second fatal crash to occur in as many days. The road was also closed last Thursday for several hours when a pickup truck carrying three Norton residents rolled over. That crash claimed the life of 12-year-old Angel Pina and hospitalized 36 year old Sandra Ouellette and 21year old Stephanie Rogers, who were both sent to Boston Medical Center. Rogers, who was eight months pregnant, gave birth a to a healthy baby girl after the accident.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- JK's Rock and Soul ShowStarts: 2:00 amEnds: October 20, 2014 - 4:30 am
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Plymouth: Town Meeting approves raises for teachers, tax on marijuana: Plymouth Tow... http://t.co/UwFO9DcsVp via @SouthShoreNews about 13 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Cohasset/Scituate: Minot’s Ledge Light is sold for $222,000: For the second time in ... http://t.co/cAoMH3K2av via @SouthShoreNews about 15 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Abington: Voters approve new school for grades 5-12: It’s official. A new school wil... http://t.co/zsa47frhnH via @SouthShoreNews 11:09:52 PM October 18, 2014 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Brockton: Plymouth County D.A joins investigation into alleged sexual assault: There... http://t.co/3ikSTSXXV7 via @SouthShoreNews 10:33:53 AM October 18, 2014 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
For Email Marketing you can trust
|WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.