An early morning crash on Rt.24 in West Bridgewater claimed the lives of two people Sunday. State Police say the multi-car collision occurred yesterday morning at 4 a.m. on Route 24 northbound near the Route 106 exit. Police say several vehicles were involved including a truck, a sports utility vehicle and a vehicle traveling in the wrong direction. The crash reportedly caused the truck to burst into flames, and forced the closure of the roadway for several hours. State police have not identified the victims, pending notification of next of kin. One victim is reportedly a female in her late teens and the other is a man in his mid-40s. Both victims were traveling in separate vehicles. Easton, West Bridgewater and Bridgewater Fire Departments also responded to the scene. The cause of the crash remains under investigation. This is the second fatal crash to occur in as many days. The road was also closed last Thursday for several hours when a pickup truck carrying three Norton residents rolled over. That crash claimed the life of 12-year-old Angel Pina and hospitalized 36 year old Sandra Ouellette and 21year old Stephanie Rogers, who were both sent to Boston Medical Center. Rogers, who was eight months pregnant, gave birth a to a healthy baby girl after the accident.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- Friends with BenefitsStarts: 9:30 pmEnds: July 23, 2014 - 10:30 pmDescription: Friends with Benefits is a comprehensive look at relationships and personalities in the 21st century. Exploring the trials and tribulations of human behavior and how it affects relationships. Visit http://959watd.com/programming/weekday-nights/wednesday/friendswithbenefits for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Marshfield: Reports of large fight, tires slashed in apartment parking lot off Rt. 1... http://t.co/qJtQsNKJtY via @SouthShoreNews about 1 hour ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Tonight on Veterans' Voice Radio at 7:30 p.m. on 95.9 WATD: The American Legion will be the main topic of... http://t.co/I85ZWOWgyI about 2 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Remote Broadcast: The Market at The Pinehills in Plymouth on Friday, July 25th, from 12-2 PM: Join Rob Hakala ... http://t.co/9HlLQm3B85 about 6 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Scituate: Selectman Rick Murray turns in resignation: Scituate Selectman Rick Murray... http://t.co/C1RucLzTle via @SouthShoreNews about 7 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
WATD Business Phone: (781) 837-1166 WATD News Room: (781) 837-1169 WATD On Air Phone: (781) 837-4900
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050