An early morning crash on Rt.24 in West Bridgewater claimed the lives of two people Sunday. State Police say the multi-car collision occurred yesterday morning at 4 a.m. on Route 24 northbound near the Route 106 exit. Police say several vehicles were involved including a truck, a sports utility vehicle and a vehicle traveling in the wrong direction. The crash reportedly caused the truck to burst into flames, and forced the closure of the roadway for several hours. State police have not identified the victims, pending notification of next of kin. One victim is reportedly a female in her late teens and the other is a man in his mid-40s. Both victims were traveling in separate vehicles. Easton, West Bridgewater and Bridgewater Fire Departments also responded to the scene. The cause of the crash remains under investigation. This is the second fatal crash to occur in as many days. The road was also closed last Thursday for several hours when a pickup truck carrying three Norton residents rolled over. That crash claimed the life of 12-year-old Angel Pina and hospitalized 36 year old Sandra Ouellette and 21year old Stephanie Rogers, who were both sent to Boston Medical Center. Rogers, who was eight months pregnant, gave birth a to a healthy baby girl after the accident.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- The Late-Morning Show with Larry NelsonStarts: 10:00 amEnds: September 16, 2014 - 2:00 pmDescription: Larry Nelson plays your favorite songs from recent hits to classic oldies that’ll bring back those old memories. With Local/National News at 12:00 pm. Call 781-837-4900 to request a song!
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
- Remote Broadcast: The Market at The Pinehills in Plymouth on Friday, October 10th from 11 AM – 2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: South Shore Chamber of Commerce at Lombardo’s in Randolph on Thursday, October 9th from 11 AM – 2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: Dream Kitchens and More in Pembroke on Friday, September 19th, from 11-2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: CANCELED: The South Shore Natural Science Center in Norwell on Saturday, September 13th from 12-2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: Plimouth Plantation in Plymouth on Saturday, September 27th from 12-3 PM
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 9-15-2014 featuring Michael Jones and former US Rep Wil... http://t.co/fagdMwHJjO #mapoli #SouthShore about 10 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 9-15-2014 featuring Brockton Mayor Bill Carpenter http://t.co/aPzPeVTkXM #mapoli #SouthShore about 12 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Music Matters: Country Music Singer Jilly Martin: Today we meet Country Music Singer Jilly Martin Click Here f... http://t.co/G9lmCu0j5o about 17 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Road To Responsibility, Inc. is happy to announce their Annual Gala will take place this October 9th at the... http://t.co/7Ic4wn9Qhq about 21 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
WATD Business Phone: (781) 837-1166 WATD News Room: (781) 837-1169 WATD On Air Phone: (781) 837-4900
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050