Fire crews from five communities helped to battle a 2-alarm blaze that broke out Sunday in an Abington restaurant. Fire crews responded at 2:15 p.m. yesterday afternoon to a report of heavy smoke coming from the 1st floor of Morrell’s Country Kitchen at 222 North Avenue. The working fire started in the kitchen area of the wood framed dwelling and extended to the second floor before crews were able to bring it under control. There were no patrons in the restaurant when the fire started and no injuries have been reported. Brockton, Hanson, Holbrook, Rockland and Whitman fire departments provided assistance at the scene. Police were forced to close some streets in the area, while crews worked to extinguish the blaze. National Grid was also called to the scene. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Did you know WATD plays a local independent musician each day at 9:40am and 12:40pm? Listen this week to hear... http://t.co/1Og7INzMxR about 4 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Weymouth: Voters Reject $6.5 Million Operational Override http://t.co/LYFe16ODO2 about 4 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Abington: National Night Out Tonight http://t.co/PUj4pkLN8q about 10 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Thunder, lightning, wind and rain passing through many South Shore towns this morning left scattered outages in... http://t.co/Th8jA80Mhk about 15 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.