Fire crews from five communities helped to battle a 2-alarm blaze that broke out Sunday in an Abington restaurant. Fire crews responded at 2:15 p.m. yesterday afternoon to a report of heavy smoke coming from the 1st floor of Morrell’s Country Kitchen at 222 North Avenue. The working fire started in the kitchen area of the wood framed dwelling and extended to the second floor before crews were able to bring it under control. There were no patrons in the restaurant when the fire started and no injuries have been reported. Brockton, Hanson, Holbrook, Rockland and Whitman fire departments provided assistance at the scene. Police were forced to close some streets in the area, while crews worked to extinguish the blaze. National Grid was also called to the scene. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- South Shore's Morning NewsStarts: 5:00 amEnds: October 22, 2014 - 10:00 amDescription: From local and national news, sports and weather to informative interviews with people from across the south shore and the world, The South Shore’s Morning News is the right way to start your day! Visit http://959watd.com/ssmorningnews for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD East Bridgewater: Ten years later, Victoria Snelgrove’s mother says it doesn’t get a... http://t.co/C5kRINA8Z0 via @SouthShoreNews about 3 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Middleboro: Fire chief gets an extended contract: This week, Middleboro selectman ra... http://t.co/wG2IURd2Sg via @SouthShoreNews about 4 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Hull: Fire consumes long-vacant house: After 40 years of sitting vacant, according t... http://t.co/jtKfuu5ATT via @SouthShoreNews about 12 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @StvBurns: In #Hull, most of fire is out, just hitting some hot corners. Told house has been vacant for 15 yrs @959watdfm http://t.co/P5… about 17 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.