Fire crews from five communities helped to battle a 2-alarm blaze that broke out Sunday in an Abington restaurant. Fire crews responded at 2:15 p.m. yesterday afternoon to a report of heavy smoke coming from the 1st floor of Morrell’s Country Kitchen at 222 North Avenue. The working fire started in the kitchen area of the wood framed dwelling and extended to the second floor before crews were able to bring it under control. There were no patrons in the restaurant when the fire started and no injuries have been reported. Brockton, Hanson, Holbrook, Rockland and Whitman fire departments provided assistance at the scene. Police were forced to close some streets in the area, while crews worked to extinguish the blaze. National Grid was also called to the scene. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- South Shore's Morning NewsStarts: 5:00 amEnds: September 23, 2014 - 10:00 amDescription: From local and national news, sports and weather to informative interviews with people from across the south shore and the world, The South Shore’s Morning News is the right way to start your day! Visit http://959watd.com/ssmorningnews for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
- Remote Broadcast: Dream Kitchens and More in Pembroke on Friday, September 19th, from 11-2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: Plimouth Plantation in Plymouth on Saturday, September 27th from 12-3 PM
- Remote Broadcast: South Shore Chamber of Commerce at Lombardo’s in Randolph on Thursday, October 9th from 11 AM – 2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: The Market at The Pinehills in Plymouth on Friday, October 10th from 11 AM – 2 PM
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 9-22-2014 featuring Plymouth County Commissioner Candid... http://t.co/DRryXgf5ft #mapoli #SouthShore about 3 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD AUDIO: Plymouth County Commissioner Forum: Here’s audio from the political forum for... http://t.co/Lf9zzmJy2E via @SouthShoreNews about 6 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Tune in to #MondayNightTalk for a political forum with the candidates running for Plymouth County Commissioner.... http://t.co/9zasP4fMVO about 12 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD UPDATE: Missing Afghan soldiers from Camp Edwards found near the Canadian border: Ma... http://t.co/wkTo4OdxQl via @SouthShoreNews about 15 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
WATD Business Phone: (781) 837-1166 WATD News Room: (781) 837-1169 WATD On Air Phone: (781) 837-4900
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050