Fire crews from five communities helped to battle a 2-alarm blaze that broke out Sunday in an Abington restaurant. Fire crews responded at 2:15 p.m. yesterday afternoon to a report of heavy smoke coming from the 1st floor of Morrell’s Country Kitchen at 222 North Avenue. The working fire started in the kitchen area of the wood framed dwelling and extended to the second floor before crews were able to bring it under control. There were no patrons in the restaurant when the fire started and no injuries have been reported. Brockton, Hanson, Holbrook, Rockland and Whitman fire departments provided assistance at the scene. Police were forced to close some streets in the area, while crews worked to extinguish the blaze. National Grid was also called to the scene. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
- Remote Broadcast: Plimouth Plantation in Plymouth on Saturday, September 27th from 12-3 PM
- Remote Broadcast: The Lobster Hut in Plymouth on Friday, September 5th from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM
- Remote Broadcast: The South Shore Natural Science Center in Norwell on Saturday, September 13th from 12-2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: SSMN live from Scituate on Friday, August 29th from 6-10 AM
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 9-1-2014 featuring Republican 5th Plymouth District Sta... http://t.co/PihIBUYfXT #mapoli #SouthShore about 1 hour ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD AUDIO: Republican Forum – 5th Plymouth District State Representative seat: Here’s th... http://t.co/wNFeY1OFud via @SouthShoreNews about 2 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @goldiebounce: @959watdfm Will Perry #photobombing @WATDSSMN Liza Churchill as she interviews @DBChampionship #winner Chris Kirk http://… about 5 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- WATD's golf reporter Liza Churchill in Norton with today's Deutsche Bank Championship PGA Tour winner Chris Kirk.... http://t.co/aclXsIdPR5 about 7 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
WATD Business Phone: (781) 837-1166 WATD News Room: (781) 837-1169 WATD On Air Phone: (781) 837-4900
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050