The Plymouth Board of Selectmen got an update Tuesday night on the status of a town-wide curbside trash collection program. Town Manager Melissa Arrighi told the Board that the staff is continuing to work on moving toward curbside pickup:”…and that includes that they’ve narrowed the focus down to ABC Disposal as the selected company. Now, at this point I’m not ready to enter into any contract with ABC Disposal.” But, the cost to residents has been determined: “Currently the rate that would be charged to residents is approximately $170 per year. However that’s if we have 18,000 people sign up for the program.” She was asked if any of the transfer stations would remain open? “Under the costs that I just gave you for 18,000 users, no transfer stations would remain open in the town of Plymouth.” The town manager plans a major public education program on the proposed curbside plan and has requested that several residents join the outreach campaign. Then, she will make a recommendation to the Select Board.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- The Late-Morning Show with Larry NelsonStarts: 10:00 amEnds: October 31, 2014 - 2:00 pmDescription: Larry Nelson plays your favorite songs from recent hits to classic oldies that’ll bring back those old memories. With Local/National News at 12:00 pm. Call 781-837-4900 to request a song!
Precision Weather Forecasting
SnoCountry.com Mountain Snowfall Reports
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Stay Puft Marshmallow Man pops into the studio during The South Shore's Morning News. Post your costume pics in... http://t.co/2XkXNQS5Nm about 2 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 10-27-2014 featuring State Auditor candidate Patricia S... http://t.co/wKb2V2pdZY #mapoli #SouthShore about 11 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 10-27-2014 featuring Local business owner Richard Rosen http://t.co/EZni5r789b #mapoli #SouthShore about 11 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @GoldieBounce Goldie’s Golf Getaways ~ Sandals Emerald Bay Great Exuma, Bahamas: October 23, 2014 ~ This week’... http://t.co/M9l0mGrTGD about 19 hours ago from twitterfeed in reply to goldiebounce ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.