The Plymouth Board of Selectmen got an update Tuesday night on the status of a town-wide curbside trash collection program. Town Manager Melissa Arrighi told the Board that the staff is continuing to work on moving toward curbside pickup:”…and that includes that they’ve narrowed the focus down to ABC Disposal as the selected company. Now, at this point I’m not ready to enter into any contract with ABC Disposal.” But, the cost to residents has been determined: “Currently the rate that would be charged to residents is approximately $170 per year. However that’s if we have 18,000 people sign up for the program.” She was asked if any of the transfer stations would remain open? “Under the costs that I just gave you for 18,000 users, no transfer stations would remain open in the town of Plymouth.” The town manager plans a major public education program on the proposed curbside plan and has requested that several residents join the outreach campaign. Then, she will make a recommendation to the Select Board.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- South Shore's Morning NewsStarts: 5:00 amEnds: July 24, 2014 - 10:00 amDescription: From local and national news, sports and weather to informative interviews with people from across the south shore and the world, The South Shore’s Morning News is the right way to start your day! Visit http://959watd.com/ssmorningnews for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Missing dog in the Marshfield Hills area. http://t.co/HqB8usWScx about 1 hour ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We're here at the Marshfield Hills General Store! Come visit!! 165 Prospect St in Marshfield! http://t.co/lmUFdL06Jp about 2 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Norwell Fire Chief Andy Reardon confirms motorcycle into pole with two fatalities. River St closed between Green and Tara. Avoid the area. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BREAKING: Two fatalities in motorcycle crash on River Street in Norwell. River closed between Green and Tara. More info as we have it about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
WATD Business Phone: (781) 837-1166 WATD News Room: (781) 837-1169 WATD On Air Phone: (781) 837-4900
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050