The Plymouth Board of Selectmen got an update Tuesday night on the status of a town-wide curbside trash collection program. Town Manager Melissa Arrighi told the Board that the staff is continuing to work on moving toward curbside pickup:”…and that includes that they’ve narrowed the focus down to ABC Disposal as the selected company. Now, at this point I’m not ready to enter into any contract with ABC Disposal.” But, the cost to residents has been determined: “Currently the rate that would be charged to residents is approximately $170 per year. However that’s if we have 18,000 people sign up for the program.” She was asked if any of the transfer stations would remain open? “Under the costs that I just gave you for 18,000 users, no transfer stations would remain open in the town of Plymouth.” The town manager plans a major public education program on the proposed curbside plan and has requested that several residents join the outreach campaign. Then, she will make a recommendation to the Select Board.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- Christian Science SentinelStarts: 6:00 amEnds: September 21, 2014 - 6:30 am
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
- Remote Broadcast: Dream Kitchens and More in Pembroke on Friday, September 19th, from 11-2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: Plimouth Plantation in Plymouth on Saturday, September 27th from 12-3 PM
- Remote Broadcast: South Shore Chamber of Commerce at Lombardo’s in Randolph on Thursday, October 9th from 11 AM – 2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: The Market at The Pinehills in Plymouth on Friday, October 10th from 11 AM – 2 PM
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Looking for something to do this weekend? Take in the great music at the South Shore Conservatory's Cedar Hill... http://t.co/zkCcPQLV83 about 17 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD MA: State wins $400K prescription drug grant: (AP) — The Massachusetts Department of... http://t.co/sr6gUAXs4s via @SouthShoreNews 04:26:34 PM September 19, 2014 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Plymouth: Town Moderator to appoint a Charter Review Committee: In Plymouth, the Tow... http://t.co/OckydJvkuE via @SouthShoreNews 03:10:51 PM September 19, 2014 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- How about some FREE lunch? It's all part of the huge Open House at Dream Kitchens and More on RT 139 in Pembroke. http://t.co/QPSnMotuI7 12:20:54 PM September 19, 2014 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
WATD Business Phone: (781) 837-1166 WATD News Room: (781) 837-1169 WATD On Air Phone: (781) 837-4900
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050