Hingham fire offcials said two young men are lucky to be alive, following a weekend house fire.
The blaze broke out at six o’clock Sunday morning at the home at 1 Windjammer Way off of Route 3A, and took approximately half an hour to put out.
The men, the 19-year-old son of the homeowner and his 21-year-old friend, were awakened by the smoke and called 911.
Fire Capt. William Powers told WATD there were no working smoke or carbon monoxide detectors in the home.
He said there was approximately $200,000 in damage to the second floor, where the fire gutted two bedrooms and a hallway.
An investigation continues, but the fire appears to be accidental.