A Marshfield firefighter has been flown to a Boston hospital after getting trapped in a collapsed building while fighting a blaze in neighboring Scituate.
Marshfield Fire Chief Kevin Robinson tells WATD that Lieutenant Joseph Kilinowski apparently suffered burns to his back and other injuries while fighting the three-alarm house fire at 326 Central Avenue in the Humarock section of town at about 2:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Robinson says Kilinowksi was rescued within minutes after he was trapped.
Crews from Marshfield, Duxbury and Norwell provided mutual aid.
The fire started at one home at about 1:30AM and spread to two others in the Humarock section of town.
Two homes were destroyed and one other house was damaged.
Reach Thousands of Potential Customers on The South Shore and Beyond! Call WATD Today for More Info on Radio and Internet Advertising: (781) 837-1166