Norwell: Bedroom fire displaces family on New Year’s Day

Norwell firefighters responded to a home on Centennial Way just after 10AM Tuesday and saw smoke billowing out of a second floor bedroom.

“People were home just going about their day and apparently the bedroom door was closed,” said Norwell Fire Chief Andy Reardon

Chief Reardon says they were able to contain the fire to the bedroom but to do so, firefighters needed to rip apart the bedroom, “Because of the nature of the fire, it appears to have started, I believe, on the front wall and we are concerned that behind the sheetrock, or plaster, it would run up so we made sure all of that’s been removed so there’s no hidden fire that we missed.”

Other rooms in the Norwell home suffered smoke and water damage.

The cause of the fire has been deemed electrical.

Norwell firefighters disposing of insulation and sheetrock from a bedroom of the Centennial Way home

Reach Thousands of Potential Customers on The South Shore and Beyond! Call WATD Today for More Info on Radio and Internet Advertising: (781) 837-1166

watd signal 2017 small


About Trisha McNeilly

With a Bachelor’s Degree in American Studies from the University of Massachusetts-Boston under her belt, Trisha McNeilly joins us full-time as a general assignment and breaking news reporter having previously interned for WBZ-1030 AM in Boston. A South Shore resident her whole life, McNeilly grew up in Pembroke and is 22-years old.