TOWN DECLARES SNOW EMERGENCY
Town Manager Troy Clarkson, in consultation with Fire Chief and Emergency Management Director Jeffrey Blanchard, has declared a snow emergency for all of Hanover starting at 8 A.M. on Friday, February 8, 2013.
In accordance with this declaration, residents are asked to be aware of the following:
- Residents are advised to keep all parked cars and other automobiles off all roads;
- Information will be provided continually through the town’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and will be regularly posted on the town’s website;
- If a shelter is opened, the Hanover High School will be used;
- Residents are urged to check on neighbors who may need assistance after the snow subsides;
- The possibility of downed power lines covered by snow is a real and potential serious danger. Please pay particular attention to this probable hazard and exercise extreme caution when outside during and after the storm; and
- All school buildings will be closed on Saturday and Sunday. All public activities planned at school locations are canceled and should be rescheduled.
If you have an emergency during the storm, please dial 911.
To report a downed power line, please dial 911.
To report a power outage, please dial 1-800-322-3223.
Be safe! Your town officials will be working hard on your behalf during this event.
Reach Thousands of Potential Customers on The South Shore and Beyond! Call WATD Today for More Info on Radio and Internet Advertising: (781) 837-1166