Superior Court: 29-yr-old man found guilty of robbing Hanover convenience store

The trial of Kenneth Gosselin was held at Brockton Superior Court and lasted only four hours Tuesday.

Gosselin was found guilty after Judge Carol Ball heard testimony from Gosselin’s accomplice in the 2011 armed robbery, 20-year-old James Desjardin.

Desjardin said Gosselin wasn’t just the getaway driver but he was the mastermind behind the entire crime who told him how to commit the robbery every step of the way.

Desjardin took a plea deal offered by the Plymouth County District Attorney’s office after he was arrested. He admitted to going into the Tedeschi’s convenience store in Hanover with lighter fluid and a box of matches and running out of the store with cash from the register.

The woman who was working at the Hanover store the night of the robbery also testified. She said a man wearing a hooded sweatshirt came into the store and doused the apron she was wearing with lighter fluid, “He asked me for the money and told me that if I screamed, he’d light me on fire.”

Gosselin was originally charged with armed and masked robbery but Judge Ball reduced the charge to armed robbery.

The 29-year-old was sentenced to 3.5-5 years in state prison.

He’s been in custody since he was arrested in April of 2011.

About Trisha McNeilly

With a Bachelor’s Degree in American Studies from the University of Massachusetts-Boston under her belt, Trisha McNeilly joins us full-time as a general assignment and breaking news reporter having previously interned for WBZ-1030 AM in Boston. A South Shore resident her whole life, McNeilly grew up in Pembroke and is 22-years old.