Duxbury: Battery charger causes garage fire

A car fire quickly turned into a garage fire in Duxbury.

Fire Chief Kevin Nord said they responded to a home on Duck Hill Road just after 11a.m. Monday and found a car fully engulfed in flames, “The property owner was home at the time, he was charging his car battery. We ruled it accidental.”

The fire extended to a detached garage where the vehicle was parked. “It was a three-bay garage. It was in good shape but it suffered significant damage. The car’s a total loss,” said Chief Nord

No one was harmed in the garage fire.

Marshfield firefighters assisted Duxbury crews in knocking down flames.


Reach Thousands of Potential Customers on The South Shore and Beyond! Call WATD Today for More Info on Radio and Internet Advertising: (781) 837-1166

watd signal 2017 small

Advertising


About Trisha McNeilly

With a Bachelor’s Degree in American Studies from the University of Massachusetts-Boston under her belt, Trisha McNeilly joins us full-time as a general assignment and breaking news reporter having previously interned for WBZ-1030 AM in Boston. A South Shore resident her whole life, McNeilly grew up in Pembroke and is 22-years old.