Duxbury: Chimney fire does estimated $10K of damage

A chimney fire Wednesday evening did about $10,000 worth of damage to a Duxbury home .

Duxbury fire officials say they got the call at 5:54 p.m. Wednesday for a spreading fire at 50 Chestnut Street.

The homeowners were at the house and were operating a wood stove when the fire started in an exterior metal chimney and extended to the shingles, walls and rear of the house.

19 Duxbury firefighters, two engine trucks and one ladder truck responded to the scene. Crews had the fire knocked down by 6:30 p.m.

Fire officials say they believe the fire started due to a buildup of creosote in the chimney.

Damage to the home estimated at about $10,000; no residents or firefighters were injured.


Reach Thousands of Potential Customers on The South Shore and Beyond! Call WATD Today for More Info on Radio and Internet Advertising: (781) 837-1166

watd signal 2017 small

Advertising


Tags:

About Katherine Perry

Katherine Perry, a graduate of Duxbury High School and The University of Massachusetts at Amherst, has really made her mark since her arrival at WATD. She is the daughter of the owner, Ed Perry, but that doesn't stop Katherine from consistently nailing out a solid news cast. She also works as a reporter, and specializes in in-depth features.