Scituate: Firefighters battle 2-alarm blaze on Fourth of July

A single-family apartment on Torreys Lane in Scituate caught fire Thursday afternoon around 12:30p.m.

Scituate Fire Chief Richard Judges said they got the call right after an automatic generator in the apartment did a self-test.

The generator is located in the apartment’s workshop and flames were contained to that room.

But the fire went to two-alarms because of the 90-degree weather. “The guys once again did a great job in this heat—really nervous about their well-being so that’s why we put a second-alarm on just so we could rotate bodies, keep everyone fresh and no one getting dehydrated or overheated,” said Judge

No one was injured in the fire. The homeowners had left minutes before Scituate firefighters responded.

Judge said the homeowners are temporarily displaced but they’ll be able to move back in within a few days.

Reach Thousands of Potential Customers on The South Shore and Beyond! Call WATD Today for More Info on Radio and Internet Advertising: (781) 837-1166

watd signal 2017 small


About Trisha McNeilly

With a Bachelor’s Degree in American Studies from the University of Massachusetts-Boston under her belt, Trisha McNeilly joins us full-time as a general assignment and breaking news reporter having previously interned for WBZ-1030 AM in Boston. A South Shore resident her whole life, McNeilly grew up in Pembroke and is 22-years old.