Middleboro: House fire was electrical

Authorities say a house fire in Middleboro was sparked by an electrical short in a ceiling fan.

The fire department got a 911 call last Thursday night after a person in the home on Chestnut St. turned on the fan, and heard a pop and saw smoke.

Crews had to remove part of the ceiling to get to the fire.

It took about an hour to douse the flames, and the damage was fairly contained.

No injuries were reported.

About WATD Web Editor

WATD online and on-air contributors include, but are not limited to: The Associated Press, Precision Weather Forecasting, local news stringers and reporters, in-house news and internet media staff, Statehouse and town hall reporters, freelance reporters, special feature reporters/producers, and on-air radio show personnel.