Abington: Hazmat scare after chemical spill at home

A hazardous materials incident kept Abington authorities busy Saturday afternoon.

Deputy Fire Chief Edward Belcher told WATD  a homeowner at 43 Harris Ct. dropped chemicals while trying to dispose of them properly, and one of them was a cyanide compound.

He said the chemical was one photographers used for developing pictures.

One resident was taken to a hospital as a precaution.

About WATD Web Editor

WATD online and on-air contributors include, but are not limited to: The Associated Press, Precision Weather Forecasting, local news stringers and reporters, in-house news and internet media staff, Statehouse and town hall reporters, freelance reporters, special feature reporters/producers, and on-air radio show personnel.