There were no injuries at a two-alarm fire at the Plymouth Bay Inn and Suites in Kingston on Tuesday afternoon. Kingston Fire Chief Bob Heath says it started in a dryer on the ground floor at around 12:30.
“We got a call for a dryer fire and the police arrived on scene reporting heavy smoke showing. I followed them in and we did in fact have quite a bit of smoke showing from the roof area,” Heath said. “We had a fire in an appliance, a commercial dryer, extended up through the second floor and into the roof.”
Heath says all motel guests were evacuated without incident. The Inn’s owner, Susan Jackson, wasn’t at work when the alarms started going off.
“Hopefully people will get back into their rooms and everything will settle down, and we can find out what the damage is and get it fixed,” Jackson said.
Guests were allowed back in around 1:30. Heath says took about a half hour to put out, with Plymouth, Duxbury, and Carver responding and Pembroke covering Kingston’s station.
Photos by Steve Burns