Kingston: Two-alarm dryer fire rips through Plymouth Bay Inn roof

There were no injuries at a two-alarm fire at the Plymouth Bay Inn and Suites in Kingston on Tuesday afternoon. Kingston Fire Chief Bob Heath says it started in a dryer on the ground floor at around 12:30.

“We got a call for a dryer fire and the police arrived on scene reporting heavy smoke showing. I followed them in and we did in fact have quite a bit of smoke showing from the roof area,” Heath said. “We had a fire in an appliance, a commercial dryer, extended up through the second floor and into the roof.”

Heath says all motel guests were evacuated without incident. The Inn’s owner, Susan Jackson, wasn’t at work when the alarms started going off.

“Hopefully people will get back into their rooms and everything will settle down, and we can find out what the damage is and get it fixed,” Jackson said.

Guests were allowed back in around 1:30. Heath says took about a half hour to put out, with Plymouth, Duxbury, and Carver responding and Pembroke covering Kingston’s station.

Plymouth Bay Inn fire

Plymouth Bay Inn fire

Photos by Steve Burns

Reach Thousands of Potential Customers on The South Shore and Beyond! Call WATD Today for More Info on Radio and Internet Advertising: (781) 837-1166

watd signal 2017 small


About Steve Burns

Steve comes to the South Shore by way of the Jersey Shore. Upon arriving at Emerson College in Boston back in 2010, and eventual graduation in 2014, Steve was immediately attracted to radio as an outlet for his reporting. Previous stops before the South Shore include WOBM on the Jersey Shore, WCCM in the Merrimack Valley, an internship at CBS Radio News' flagship station, WCBS 880 in New York City, and a few formative years at Emerson's WERS.