Concerned Neighbors of Pilgrim are holding a community forum on Friday spotlighting the Entergy owned Pilgrim Power Plant and what the group calls Entergy’s nuclear waste dump—referring to the dry cask storage facility that’s being built at the plant. Meg Sheehan of EcoLaw, Mary Lampert of Pilgrim Watch and Attorney James Lampert will speak at the forum. They will address such topics as requirements for safer storage and concerns about the location of nuclear waste dry cask storage units on Cape Cod Bay. Heather Lightner is President and a founding member of Concerned Neighbors of Pilgrim: “People should be concerned about the storage of spent fuel because there’s no federal program for spent fuel at the time and most likely the fuel will be located in Plymouth possibly forever.There are environmental concerns related to the dry cask storage facility—we need more details on that.” The forum starts at 1:00 Friday afternoon at Plymouth’s Council on Aging Center.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
WATD Remote Broadcasts
- The Plymouth Philharmonic 4th of July Concert on Plymouth Waterfront at 7:30 PM
- Remote Broadcast: The Village Market on Scituate Harbor, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., Wednesday, July 15th
- Remote Broadcast: The South Shore’s Morning News Live from The Porch at The Marshfield Hills General Store, Friday, July 17th, 6 – 10 a.m.
- Remote Broadcast: Rob Hakala Will Broadcast Live from Gerard Farm in Marshfield, Friday, July 17th, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Whitman / Bridgewater friends: have you seen this puppy? Please be on the lookout for Beretta. http://t.co/XXkh2UMT1D about 10 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JimManning9: @959watdfm Expect a mainly cloudy day with a small risk of a brief light shower, 72 at beaches, 75 inland. Clouds break … about 11 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Boston: Authorities Vigilant Amid U.S. Terror Threats http://t.co/VxMcxr2FHl 05:34:22 PM July 03, 2015 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Boston: Marathon bomber’s Friend Drops Appeal on Obstruction Charges http://t.co/S9GAnnH4EF 04:46:41 PM July 03, 2015 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.