Concerned Neighbors of Pilgrim are holding a community forum on Friday spotlighting the Entergy owned Pilgrim Power Plant and what the group calls Entergy’s nuclear waste dump—referring to the dry cask storage facility that’s being built at the plant. Meg Sheehan of EcoLaw, Mary Lampert of Pilgrim Watch and Attorney James Lampert will speak at the forum. They will address such topics as requirements for safer storage and concerns about the location of nuclear waste dry cask storage units on Cape Cod Bay. Heather Lightner is President and a founding member of Concerned Neighbors of Pilgrim: “People should be concerned about the storage of spent fuel because there’s no federal program for spent fuel at the time and most likely the fuel will be located in Plymouth possibly forever.There are environmental concerns related to the dry cask storage facility—we need more details on that.” The forum starts at 1:00 Friday afternoon at Plymouth’s Council on Aging Center.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- The Late-Morning Show with Larry NelsonStarts: 10:00 amEnds: July 22, 2014 - 2:00 pmDescription: Larry Nelson plays your favorite songs from recent hits to classic oldies that’ll bring back those old memories. With Local/National News at 12:00 pm. Call 781-837-4900 to request a song!
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Upcoming Special Events
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Just a reminder that 95.9 WATD's South Shore Morning Tour is hitting Duxbury this Friday July 25! Come grab some... http://t.co/PcdQFzzqAd about 3 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Tune in tomorrow night for the best local music on the radio! 8-10pm. http://t.co/h35hpkIhkb about 14 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Plymouth: Brockton man dies in Plymouth pond: PLYMOUTH, Mass. (AP) Authorities say a... http://t.co/cRjUU2oARb via @SouthShoreNews about 16 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Tune in to #MondayNightTalk after the 6:00 news for the Statehouse Report with State Representative Marc... http://t.co/PBVEMYpFCo about 18 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
For Email Marketing you can trust
|WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050