Concerned Neighbors of Pilgrim are holding a community forum on Friday spotlighting the Entergy owned Pilgrim Power Plant and what the group calls Entergy’s nuclear waste dump—referring to the dry cask storage facility that’s being built at the plant. Meg Sheehan of EcoLaw, Mary Lampert of Pilgrim Watch and Attorney James Lampert will speak at the forum. They will address such topics as requirements for safer storage and concerns about the location of nuclear waste dry cask storage units on Cape Cod Bay. Heather Lightner is President and a founding member of Concerned Neighbors of Pilgrim: “People should be concerned about the storage of spent fuel because there’s no federal program for spent fuel at the time and most likely the fuel will be located in Plymouth possibly forever.There are environmental concerns related to the dry cask storage facility—we need more details on that.” The forum starts at 1:00 Friday afternoon at Plymouth’s Council on Aging Center.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- Round Midnight - Jazz - with Sherry Smith and Bob FournierStarts: 12:00 amEnds: August 31, 2014 - 5:30 amDescription: Visit http://959watd.com/programming/weekends/sunday/round-midnight for more information!
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- I posted a new photo to Facebook http://t.co/waycolZ0dK about 15 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I posted 14 photos on Facebook in the album "Scituate Morning Tour" http://t.co/UjunJTDNTr about 15 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Brockton: Another child struck and killed in motor vehicle accident: No criminal cha... http://t.co/sExn5MrdKJ via @SouthShoreNews about 16 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD South Shore: No need to ruin your beach day – differences between shark and sunfish ... http://t.co/DYjZIxTKU2 via @SouthShoreNews 08:03:28 PM August 29, 2014 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
WATD Business Phone: (781) 837-1166 WATD News Room: (781) 837-1169 WATD On Air Phone: (781) 837-4900
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050