Concerned Neighbors of Pilgrim are holding a community forum on Friday spotlighting the Entergy owned Pilgrim Power Plant and what the group calls Entergy’s nuclear waste dump—referring to the dry cask storage facility that’s being built at the plant. Meg Sheehan of EcoLaw, Mary Lampert of Pilgrim Watch and Attorney James Lampert will speak at the forum. They will address such topics as requirements for safer storage and concerns about the location of nuclear waste dry cask storage units on Cape Cod Bay. Heather Lightner is President and a founding member of Concerned Neighbors of Pilgrim: “People should be concerned about the storage of spent fuel because there’s no federal program for spent fuel at the time and most likely the fuel will be located in Plymouth possibly forever.There are environmental concerns related to the dry cask storage facility—we need more details on that.” The forum starts at 1:00 Friday afternoon at Plymouth’s Council on Aging Center.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- The Late-Morning Show with Larry NelsonStarts: 10:00 amEnds: October 31, 2014 - 2:00 pm
Precision Weather Forecasting
SnoCountry.com Mountain Snowfall Reports
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Stay Puft Marshmallow Man pops into the studio during The South Shore's Morning News. Post your costume pics in... http://t.co/2XkXNQS5Nm about 52 minutes ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 10-27-2014 featuring State Auditor candidate Patricia S... http://t.co/wKb2V2pdZY #mapoli #SouthShore about 10 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 10-27-2014 featuring Local business owner Richard Rosen http://t.co/EZni5r789b #mapoli #SouthShore about 10 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @GoldieBounce Goldie’s Golf Getaways ~ Sandals Emerald Bay Great Exuma, Bahamas: October 23, 2014 ~ This week’... http://t.co/M9l0mGrTGD about 18 hours ago from twitterfeed in reply to goldiebounce ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.