The state Tourism Arts and Cultural Development Committee–consisting of members of the House and Senate–held a hearing recently at Plimoth Plantation to exchange ideas about marketing the state’s tourist attractions. Senate President Therese Murray attended and says Plymouth was chosen as the location for the hearing for good reason: ”This is one of a number of hearings that are going to be held across the state and they chose Plymouth because really we’re the heart of the cultural and arts scene and history.” Murray’s concerns center around the 72,000 jobs in our area that are fueled by the tourism industry and emphasizes how important it is to market strategically: ”And particularly, as you can see the port of Boston, because a lot of our people do come through there–they fly in an out of Logan Airport–that we have advertising in the airport that talks about the rest of the state. I think there’s a lot more we can do. We’re doing pretty well. We had a lot of visitors. We had a great season, but we could do a lot better.” Advance planning for Plymouth’s 400th Anniversary Celebration was also one of Murray’s top agenda items.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- Cathy DeeStarts: 2:00 pmEnds: August 20, 2014 - 6:00 pmLocation: 95.9 WATD FMDescription: Cathy Dee plays the South Shore’s greatest hits, with traffic every 10 minutes on the 9′s with Malcolm Alter every weekday afternoon from 2-6pm on 95.9 WATD FM. Complete with updates from the WATD News Department with local/national news at 4, 5, and 6pm. Visit Cathy's page at http://www.959watd.com/cathyd/
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Have you seen Brian Lies and his bats driving around the South Shore? Brian's in studio with Rob and Lisa to talk... http://t.co/hQHtXxI4fD about 5 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Plymouth: Police chief defends having miliary style vehicles and weapons: Images of ... http://t.co/n3StiJ9G2K via @SouthShoreNews about 6 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 8-18-2014 featuring Jeni Mather, Founder and Director o... http://t.co/nJWPVtRa7G #mapoli #SouthShore about 14 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Norwell: Trash talk takes center stage in Norwell: There was lots of trash talk goin... http://t.co/M0FORQW0oX via @SouthShoreNews 11:19:04 AM August 19, 2014 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
For Email Marketing you can trust
|WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050