The state Tourism Arts and Cultural Development Committee–consisting of members of the House and Senate–held a hearing recently at Plimoth Plantation to exchange ideas about marketing the state’s tourist attractions. Senate President Therese Murray attended and says Plymouth was chosen as the location for the hearing for good reason: ”This is one of a number of hearings that are going to be held across the state and they chose Plymouth because really we’re the heart of the cultural and arts scene and history.” Murray’s concerns center around the 72,000 jobs in our area that are fueled by the tourism industry and emphasizes how important it is to market strategically: ”And particularly, as you can see the port of Boston, because a lot of our people do come through there–they fly in an out of Logan Airport–that we have advertising in the airport that talks about the rest of the state. I think there’s a lot more we can do. We’re doing pretty well. We had a lot of visitors. We had a great season, but we could do a lot better.” Advance planning for Plymouth’s 400th Anniversary Celebration was also one of Murray’s top agenda items.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- South Shore's Morning NewsStarts: 5:00 amEnds: July 23, 2014 - 10:00 amDescription: From local and national news, sports and weather to informative interviews with people from across the south shore and the world, The South Shore’s Morning News is the right way to start your day! Visit http://959watd.com/ssmorningnews for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Carver: Transparency is key in the new elementary school process: Transparency is an... http://t.co/1MCuqrYjEn via @SouthShoreNews about 8 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Plymouth: Gai Scott, Rt. 3 shooting suspect & nephew of rapper ‘Benzino’, released o... http://t.co/s4sDFyHiSH via @SouthShoreNews about 13 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Remote Broadcast: The SSMN live from The Marshfield Hills General Store on Thursday, July 24th, from 6-10 AM: ... http://t.co/o1ybMxdfMm about 13 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Join Sweeney and Malone tonight from 6:15-8:00 p.m. as they broadcast their show live from Plymouth Watersport http://t.co/I5dR734SwH about 15 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
WATD Business Phone: (781) 837-1166 WATD News Room: (781) 837-1169 WATD On Air Phone: (781) 837-4900
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050