The state Tourism Arts and Cultural Development Committee–consisting of members of the House and Senate–held a hearing recently at Plimoth Plantation to exchange ideas about marketing the state’s tourist attractions. Senate President Therese Murray attended and says Plymouth was chosen as the location for the hearing for good reason: ”This is one of a number of hearings that are going to be held across the state and they chose Plymouth because really we’re the heart of the cultural and arts scene and history.” Murray’s concerns center around the 72,000 jobs in our area that are fueled by the tourism industry and emphasizes how important it is to market strategically: ”And particularly, as you can see the port of Boston, because a lot of our people do come through there–they fly in an out of Logan Airport–that we have advertising in the airport that talks about the rest of the state. I think there’s a lot more we can do. We’re doing pretty well. We had a lot of visitors. We had a great season, but we could do a lot better.” Advance planning for Plymouth’s 400th Anniversary Celebration was also one of Murray’s top agenda items.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- The Alternative with Chris AtwoodStarts: 6:15 pmEnds: September 19, 2014 - 10:00 pmDescription: A veteran of the 80s college radio scene and long-time DJ, Chris Atwood keeps
70s punk, 80s new wave, and 90s Brit-Pop alive.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
- Remote Broadcast: Dream Kitchens and More in Pembroke on Friday, September 19th, from 11-2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: Plimouth Plantation in Plymouth on Saturday, September 27th from 12-3 PM
- Remote Broadcast: South Shore Chamber of Commerce at Lombardo’s in Randolph on Thursday, October 9th from 11 AM – 2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: The Market at The Pinehills in Plymouth on Friday, October 10th from 11 AM – 2 PM
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD MA: State wins $400K prescription drug grant: (AP) — The Massachusetts Department of... http://t.co/sr6gUAXs4s via @SouthShoreNews about 3 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Plymouth: Town Moderator to appoint a Charter Review Committee: In Plymouth, the Tow... http://t.co/OckydJvkuE via @SouthShoreNews about 4 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- How about some FREE lunch? It's all part of the huge Open House at Dream Kitchens and More on RT 139 in Pembroke. http://t.co/QPSnMotuI7 about 7 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Come down to Dream Kitchens and More on RT 139 in Pembroke for their big open house. Prizes! Lunch! Fun! about 8 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
WATD Business Phone: (781) 837-1166 WATD News Room: (781) 837-1169 WATD On Air Phone: (781) 837-4900
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050