The state Tourism Arts and Cultural Development Committee–consisting of members of the House and Senate–held a hearing recently at Plimoth Plantation to exchange ideas about marketing the state’s tourist attractions. Senate President Therese Murray attended and says Plymouth was chosen as the location for the hearing for good reason: ”This is one of a number of hearings that are going to be held across the state and they chose Plymouth because really we’re the heart of the cultural and arts scene and history.” Murray’s concerns center around the 72,000 jobs in our area that are fueled by the tourism industry and emphasizes how important it is to market strategically: ”And particularly, as you can see the port of Boston, because a lot of our people do come through there–they fly in an out of Logan Airport–that we have advertising in the airport that talks about the rest of the state. I think there’s a lot more we can do. We’re doing pretty well. We had a lot of visitors. We had a great season, but we could do a lot better.” Advance planning for Plymouth’s 400th Anniversary Celebration was also one of Murray’s top agenda items.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- Round Midnight - Jazz - with Sherry Smith and Bob FournierStarts: 12:00 amEnds: October 26, 2014 - 5:30 amDescription: Visit http://959watd.com/programming/weekends/sunday/round-midnight for more information!
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Nautical News: For the week of October 19, 2014: CRUISE SHIP CHANGES DESTINATION TO ... http://t.co/oVrJretFiv via @SouthShoreNews 04:29:26 PM October 24, 2014 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Too much Halloween candy? November 3rd-5th Leland Dental will be buying back candy at $1 per pound up to five... http://t.co/3Zj7lAtmHf 03:22:17 PM October 24, 2014 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Hull: Paragon Carousel closes for the season: Another season for the Paragon Carouse... http://t.co/ZJBMReMh6T via @SouthShoreNews 06:35:31 AM October 24, 2014 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Brockton: Ceremony planned to rename Marciano Stadium press box: A special ceremony ... http://t.co/3IG1ihkXFW via @SouthShoreNews 11:37:03 PM October 23, 2014 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.