The state Tourism Arts and Cultural Development Committee–consisting of members of the House and Senate–held a hearing recently at Plimoth Plantation to exchange ideas about marketing the state’s tourist attractions. Senate President Therese Murray attended and says Plymouth was chosen as the location for the hearing for good reason: ”This is one of a number of hearings that are going to be held across the state and they chose Plymouth because really we’re the heart of the cultural and arts scene and history.” Murray’s concerns center around the 72,000 jobs in our area that are fueled by the tourism industry and emphasizes how important it is to market strategically: ”And particularly, as you can see the port of Boston, because a lot of our people do come through there–they fly in an out of Logan Airport–that we have advertising in the airport that talks about the rest of the state. I think there’s a lot more we can do. We’re doing pretty well. We had a lot of visitors. We had a great season, but we could do a lot better.” Advance planning for Plymouth’s 400th Anniversary Celebration was also one of Murray’s top agenda items.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- Wide World of Blues w/ Peter BlackStarts: 10:00 pmEnds: October 22, 2014 - 2:00 amDescription: From BB King, Muddy Waters and Buddy Guy to Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Bonnie Raitt, the Wide World of Blues features both traditional and contemporary blues artists. Visit http://959watd.com/programming/wide-world-of-blues for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Hull: Fire consumes long-vacant house: After 40 years of sitting vacant, according t... http://t.co/jtKfuu5ATT via @SouthShoreNews about 1 hour ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @StvBurns: In #Hull, most of fire is out, just hitting some hot corners. Told house has been vacant for 15 yrs @959watdfm http://t.co/P5… about 7 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Remote Broadcast: Cheese Tasting at The Market at The Pinehills in Plymouth on Tuesday, November 11th from 11 ... http://t.co/O0RVmRlaZ1 about 9 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Middleboro: Selectmen holding interviews for new town manager: Middleboro selectmen ... http://t.co/tmA40hOSt0 via @SouthShoreNews about 15 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.