A three alarm fire at 160 Shaw Avenue in Abington sent one man to the hospital, and brought in mutual aid from a number of area towns on Wednesday.
A 39-year-old man, reportedly a truck driver, was sent to South Shore Hospital with burns; the fire reportedly started at the 1 1/2-story residence after a propane delivery, just past 11:30 am Wednesday.
All fire personnel were ordered out of the building, and there was no one in the house at the time of the fire. There was extensive fire, water, and smoke damage to the home that appears to be a complete loss.
Mutual aid came from Rockland, Whitman, Holbrook, Weymouth, Hanson, East Bridgewater, and West Bridgewater.
A request was made for the State Fire Marshal’s office to report to the scene as well as the Bureau of Criminal Investigation.
Reach Thousands of Potential Customers on The South Shore and Beyond! Call WATD Today for More Info on Radio and Internet Advertising: (781) 837-1166