Plymouth County Commissioners have re-elected Dan Pallotta to chair the group and questions are being raised about the town of Plymouth’s intentions for the transfer station at South Street. Although the town of Plymouth has closed the transfer station at South Street, County Commission Chairman Dan Pallotta noted that they still have a year remaining on their lease, and this prompts some questions: “The question is, are they done using the property and can we move into the property–question number one. Question number two is what did they leave behind? We don’t know any of these answers yet. Do they still need to take things down? Are they transferring things to Manomet?” What is the County’s plan for use of the South Street site? “We’re looking at a whole host of matters there. None of them that have reached the level of public discussion yet.” And what about the issue of contamination on that site? “Whether it’s contaminated or not is for an environmentalist to determine. Right now we’re trying to figure out what exactly is there.” Pallotta will meet with Plymouth Selectman Chair Matt Muratore to discuss these matters.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- Oldies w/ Ron DwyerStarts: 12:15 pmEnds: October 25, 2014 - 6:00 pm
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Nautical News: For the week of October 19, 2014: CRUISE SHIP CHANGES DESTINATION TO ... http://t.co/oVrJretFiv via @SouthShoreNews about 22 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Too much Halloween candy? November 3rd-5th Leland Dental will be buying back candy at $1 per pound up to five... http://t.co/3Zj7lAtmHf about 23 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Hull: Paragon Carousel closes for the season: Another season for the Paragon Carouse... http://t.co/ZJBMReMh6T via @SouthShoreNews 06:35:31 AM October 24, 2014 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Brockton: Ceremony planned to rename Marciano Stadium press box: A special ceremony ... http://t.co/3IG1ihkXFW via @SouthShoreNews 11:37:03 PM October 23, 2014 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.