Plymouth County Commissioners have re-elected Dan Pallotta to chair the group and questions are being raised about the town of Plymouth’s intentions for the transfer station at South Street. Although the town of Plymouth has closed the transfer station at South Street, County Commission Chairman Dan Pallotta noted that they still have a year remaining on their lease, and this prompts some questions: “The question is, are they done using the property and can we move into the property–question number one. Question number two is what did they leave behind? We don’t know any of these answers yet. Do they still need to take things down? Are they transferring things to Manomet?” What is the County’s plan for use of the South Street site? “We’re looking at a whole host of matters there. None of them that have reached the level of public discussion yet.” And what about the issue of contamination on that site? “Whether it’s contaminated or not is for an environmentalist to determine. Right now we’re trying to figure out what exactly is there.” Pallotta will meet with Plymouth Selectman Chair Matt Muratore to discuss these matters.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
WATD Remote Broadcasts
- Remote Broadcast: Plymouth 400 Bass and Blue Fishing Tournament on Sunday, July 12th, 3-5 PM
- Remote Broadcast: The Village Market on Scituate Harbor, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., Wednesday, July 15th
- Remote Broadcast: The South Shore’s Morning News Live from The Porch at The Marshfield Hills General Store, Friday, July 17th, 6 – 10 a.m.
- Remote Broadcast: Rob Hakala Will Broadcast Live from Gerard Farm in Marshfield, Friday, July 17th, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 7-6-2015 featuring Boston Mayor Marty Walsh http://t.co/zOQ0ABEFeY #mapoli #SouthShore about 4 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 7-6-2015 featuring Massachusetts Senate President Stanl... http://t.co/lvRCasm0HV #mapoli #SouthShore about 7 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Traffic Update: Rt 3 South clear between X13 and X12 from an earlier car fire. #MaTraffic about 11 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Traffic Alert: Rt 3 South between X13: Rt 53/Hanover and X12: Rt 139. Vehicle fire. #MaTraffic about 12 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.