Plymouth County Commissioners have re-elected Dan Pallotta to chair the group and questions are being raised about the town of Plymouth’s intentions for the transfer station at South Street. Although the town of Plymouth has closed the transfer station at South Street, County Commission Chairman Dan Pallotta noted that they still have a year remaining on their lease, and this prompts some questions: “The question is, are they done using the property and can we move into the property–question number one. Question number two is what did they leave behind? We don’t know any of these answers yet. Do they still need to take things down? Are they transferring things to Manomet?” What is the County’s plan for use of the South Street site? “We’re looking at a whole host of matters there. None of them that have reached the level of public discussion yet.” And what about the issue of contamination on that site? “Whether it’s contaminated or not is for an environmentalist to determine. Right now we’re trying to figure out what exactly is there.” Pallotta will meet with Plymouth Selectman Chair Matt Muratore to discuss these matters.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
- Remote Broadcast: Dream Kitchens and More in Pembroke on Friday, September 19th, from 11-2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: Plimouth Plantation in Plymouth on Saturday, September 27th from 12-3 PM
- Remote Broadcast: South Shore Chamber of Commerce at Lombardo’s in Randolph on Thursday, October 9th from 11 AM – 2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: The Market at The Pinehills in Plymouth on Friday, October 10th from 11 AM – 2 PM
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Afghanistan: Whitman-Hanson Regional H.S. graduate killed in combat: (AP) — An Army ... http://t.co/Ii6giCMDxU via @SouthShoreNews about 38 minutes ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Traffic Alert: Ocean St. in Marshfield closed from Stratton Ave. to Moraine St. due to a live downed wire in the... http://t.co/BqdajNBMLj about 9 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A piece on one of WATD's DJs, David Wolfson. http://t.co/YSyeE0HwGh about 14 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 9-15-2014 featuring Jackye Colligan, Tim Cahoon & Kinno... http://t.co/6uoyXv10eP #mapoli #SouthShore about 19 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
WATD Business Phone: (781) 837-1166 WATD News Room: (781) 837-1169 WATD On Air Phone: (781) 837-4900
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050