Brockton: Bizarre crash causes fire that closes restaurant

A popular Caribbean eatery in Brockton is temporarily closed following a kitchen fire.

The call came in to the fire department at approximately 11:40 a.m. on Sunday, just as Jeano’s Restaurant at 769 Main St. was preparing to open.

Deputy Fire Chief Michael Williams told WATD a woman in the rear parking lot accidentally backed her car into the building, rupturing a gas line and sparking a small kitchen fire.

The blaze was quickly extinguished, but there’s extensive damage because crews had to tear down a wall to make sure the fire hadn’t spread.

Williams said the restaurant could be closed a few days or longer.

No one was injured.

About Garo Hagopian

Garo Hagopian has been a member of the WATD family as a weekend news anchor since 2008, and has been a writer-producer-editor at WBZ in Boston since 1996.