Weymouth: Extension cord sparks house fire

A Weymouth woman is looking for a temporary place to live after a weekend fire at her home.

Fire Deputy Richard Chase told WATD that crews were called to 533 Front St. at approximately 5:00 a.m. on Sunday and found a small blaze in a bedroom at the back of the home.

It caused a lot of smoke damage, and firefighters had to break the windows to ventilate the home.

The homeowner wasn’t hurt.

Chase said the cause of the fire was a faulty extension cord.

About Garo Hagopian

Garo Hagopian has been a member of the WATD family as a weekend news anchor since 2008, and has been a writer-producer-editor at WBZ in Boston since 1996.