Marshfield: House sustains damage in fire

A fire has displaced a Marshfield homeowner.

The blaze broke out at approximately 6:30 p.m. Saturday at 239 Church St.

Crews arrived to find smoke coming from the attic vents at both ends of the home.

The fire started on the rear porch and spread up the exterior wall.

There’s heavy smoke and water damage to the floors below and utilities were shut off to the building.

The cause of the fire was accidental and no one was hurt.

About WATD Web Editor

WATD online and on-air contributors include, but are not limited to: The Associated Press, Precision Weather Forecasting, local news stringers and reporters, in-house news and internet media staff, Statehouse and town hall reporters, freelance reporters, special feature reporters/producers, and on-air radio show personnel.