Abington: Red Cross assisting family displaced by house fire

A house fire temporarily displaces an Abington family of four.

Fire captain Ronald Howe tells WATD the blaze hit at approximately 6:30 p.m Saturday, and was confined to a second-floor bedroom.

Though there’s no official word on a cause, Howe said a wiring inspector and the state Fire Marshal were called to the home at 204 Chapel St.

The fire was knocked down in about ten minutes and the Red Cross is assisting the family.

No one was injured.

 

About Garo Hagopian

Garo Hagopian has been a member of the WATD family as a weekend news anchor since 2008, and has been a writer-producer-editor at WBZ in Boston since 1996.