Weymouth is holding their annual town meeting tonight. Mayor Sue Kay will present her budget. Kay is proposing a 143.7 million dollar budget, which is 2.9% larger than last year’s . Weymouth Schools would be getting 60.1 million dollars. The Weymouth School Committee, which Mayor Sue Kay is a member of says that number is not enough to close their deficit. They are urging parents to contact the Mayor’s office t advocate for more school funding. City Council President Patrick O’Connor will give the town an update on the council activities. If the city council approves Kay’s Budget, it would take effect July 1st. The meeting will be held at 7:30 in The Adams Middle School Auditorium.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Plymouth: Town Applies to Join State Community Compact Agreement http://t.co/4IeG2co3kx about 12 minutes ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Duxbury: Selectmen to Review Nuclear Reactor Safety Bills http://t.co/HaRnVAAkIP about 14 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Bridgewater: Tractor Trailer Strikes Bakery http://t.co/jet1HYToGp about 15 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Tonight's guests on Monday Night Talk from 6:15-8 PM: Boston Herald columnist Holly Robichaud, Weymouth Mayor Sue... http://t.co/PCgJi3SKdc about 16 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.