The town of Whitman saw a quiet annual election on Saturday. The ballot did not have much in the way of contested races. There was one race for two seats on the Whitman Hanson regional school committee that were up for grabs. Former Whitman finance committee chairman Steven Bois garnered the most votes with 218, followed by newcomer Alexandria Taylor who secured the second seat with 191 votes. Meanwhile incumbent Mike Minchello rounded out the voting with 165 votes. Whitman’s election saw 339 of the town’s 9,697 registered voters head to the polls to cast a ballot on Saturday for a turnout of 3%. According to town clerk Dawn Varley, the turnout was the second lowest in Whitman since 1882, when the town election only saw only 305 voters cast a ballot.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
WATD Remote Broadcasts
- Remote Broadcast: Plymouth 400 Bass and Blue Fishing Tournament on Sunday, July 12th, 3-5 PM
- Remote Broadcast: The Village Market on Scituate Harbor, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., Wednesday, July 15th
- Remote Broadcast: The South Shore’s Morning News Live from The Porch at The Marshfield Hills General Store, Friday, July 17th, 6 – 10 a.m.
- Remote Broadcast: Rob Hakala Will Broadcast Live from Gerard Farm in Marshfield, Friday, July 17th, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Scituate: Man Killed in Motorcycle vs. Truck Crash on Route 3A http://t.co/UT5MLCnB3J about 3 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Plymouth: July 4th Parade a Success http://t.co/qKYrbbCAMP about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hanson: Search for New Town Administrator Begins http://t.co/hcuLrCpOeC about 7 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hanson: Search for New Town Administrator Begins http://t.co/H6KC9So5nM about 8 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.