The town of Whitman saw a quiet annual election on Saturday. The ballot did not have much in the way of contested races. There was one race for two seats on the Whitman Hanson regional school committee that were up for grabs. Former Whitman finance committee chairman Steven Bois garnered the most votes with 218, followed by newcomer Alexandria Taylor who secured the second seat with 191 votes. Meanwhile incumbent Mike Minchello rounded out the voting with 165 votes. Whitman’s election saw 339 of the town’s 9,697 registered voters head to the polls to cast a ballot on Saturday for a turnout of 3%. According to town clerk Dawn Varley, the turnout was the second lowest in Whitman since 1882, when the town election only saw only 305 voters cast a ballot.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- Wide World of Blues w/ Peter BlackStarts: 10:30 pmEnds: October 23, 2014 - 2:00 amDescription: From BB King, Muddy Waters and Buddy Guy to Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Bonnie Raitt, the Wide World of Blues features both traditional and contemporary blues artists. Visit http://959watd.com/programming/wide-world-of-blues for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Music Matters: Singer Jamie Lynn Hart: Today we meet Jamie Lynn Hart, lead singer in her self-titled band. Cli... http://t.co/dWq2OZrFFx about 6 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For over 20 years, WATD's nationally recognized blues DJ, Peter Black, has filled the South Shore's radio waves... http://t.co/3sUeXuninM about 8 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Today between 2-3 p.m. we will be off-air for a few minutes while we install a new piece of important audio... http://t.co/EPm7nCuhit about 11 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This weekend and next at the Marshfield Fair Grounds - it's Oktoberfest Marshfield! Admission is $5 and kids... http://t.co/a3oT6aSM48 about 14 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.