The town of Whitman saw a quiet annual election on Saturday. The ballot did not have much in the way of contested races. There was one race for two seats on the Whitman Hanson regional school committee that were up for grabs. Former Whitman finance committee chairman Steven Bois garnered the most votes with 218, followed by newcomer Alexandria Taylor who secured the second seat with 191 votes. Meanwhile incumbent Mike Minchello rounded out the voting with 165 votes. Whitman’s election saw 339 of the town’s 9,697 registered voters head to the polls to cast a ballot on Saturday for a turnout of 3%. According to town clerk Dawn Varley, the turnout was the second lowest in Whitman since 1882, when the town election only saw only 305 voters cast a ballot.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- South Shore's Morning NewsStarts: 5:00 amEnds: August 27, 2014 - 10:00 amDescription: From local and national news, sports and weather to informative interviews with people from across the south shore and the world, The South Shore’s Morning News is the right way to start your day! Visit http://959watd.com/ssmorningnews for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Marshfield: Three arrested after home invasion: Three people, including a mother and... http://t.co/jlwU5fdHlK via @SouthShoreNews about 11 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Bill Cosby On 959FM http://t.co/hR21mIyZFJ about 22 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Listen at 7:11am w/Rob & Lisa to hear @BillCosby and a chance to win tickets to see Bill on Sat. at the @SSMusicCircus about 23 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Duxbury: Shark sighting closes beach: Quite a few beach days were interrupted in Dux... http://t.co/cfeWCiNooa via @SouthShoreNews 05:48:53 AM August 26, 2014 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
For Email Marketing you can trust
|WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050