The town of Whitman saw a quiet annual election on Saturday. The ballot did not have much in the way of contested races. There was one race for two seats on the Whitman Hanson regional school committee that were up for grabs. Former Whitman finance committee chairman Steven Bois garnered the most votes with 218, followed by newcomer Alexandria Taylor who secured the second seat with 191 votes. Meanwhile incumbent Mike Minchello rounded out the voting with 165 votes. Whitman’s election saw 339 of the town’s 9,697 registered voters head to the polls to cast a ballot on Saturday for a turnout of 3%. According to town clerk Dawn Varley, the turnout was the second lowest in Whitman since 1882, when the town election only saw only 305 voters cast a ballot.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Hingham: Police Investigating Curtain Rod, Coin Theft http://t.co/JOl1b9qyl6 about 29 minutes ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Tune in this tonight after the 6:00 news for Monday Night Talk. This week’s guests will be Geoff Yalenezian from... http://t.co/yO4TWSU2tn about 2 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Marshfield: Selectmen to Review Restaurant License Suspension, Negotiate Fire Chief Contract http://t.co/kUuRgEgUEC about 2 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Duxbury: Packed Agenda for Board of Selectmen http://t.co/NhcjdjnoQj about 3 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.