Tomorrow, Hanson voters will head to the polls for a special recall election. Residents had shot down plans to build a new $58.4 million elementary school and tear down the Maquan and indian Head Schools. But the controversy over the school issue prompted a request to recall two selectmen who supported the project. One of those selectmen, then-chairman Jim Egan, lost his bid for re-election, but selectman Steve Amico is still facing the recall. Recall organizers had targeted the two selectmen after they continued to support the project following failed town meeting funding votes in October and January. Both men had until April 7 to respond to the certification of petitions seeking their recall, and neither opted to resign. Amico has continued to deny allegations that he and Egan misled voters about the project.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Weymouth: Student Arrested After Lockdown at High School http://t.co/1v6mgWgZh5 about 27 minutes ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Lunchtime! Come down for a burger or dog cooked on a Napoleon grill. http://t.co/Lob1UnkHB9 about 1 hour ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Rob and Lisa are discussing the benefits of a gas fire table while sitting at a table from the Emily Rose Collection. http://t.co/25eRTCVjrH about 2 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Duxbury: Opiate Addiction Forum http://t.co/8gOWuMZ6YJ about 2 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.