Tomorrow, Hanson voters will head to the polls for a special recall election. Residents had shot down plans to build a new $58.4 million elementary school and tear down the Maquan and indian Head Schools. But the controversy over the school issue prompted a request to recall two selectmen who supported the project. One of those selectmen, then-chairman Jim Egan, lost his bid for re-election, but selectman Steve Amico is still facing the recall. Recall organizers had targeted the two selectmen after they continued to support the project following failed town meeting funding votes in October and January. Both men had until April 7 to respond to the certification of petitions seeking their recall, and neither opted to resign. Amico has continued to deny allegations that he and Egan misled voters about the project.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Precision Weather Forecasting
SnoCountry.com Mountain Snowfall Reports
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Boston: State House Weekly Preview http://t.co/WSHSMNAdqi about 1 hour ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Whitman: Bad crash sends two people to hospital http://t.co/dgpI1IQr26 about 20 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Weymouth: X-rated shop could reopen at its original location following arson fire http://t.co/9xqQPFr0p1 04:58:57 PM January 24, 2015 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Whitman: Two injured in rollover accident http://t.co/c8Y2HtSIfp 01:19:16 PM January 24, 2015 from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.