Tomorrow, Hanson voters will head to the polls for a special recall election. Residents had shot down plans to build a new $58.4 million elementary school and tear down the Maquan and indian Head Schools. But the controversy over the school issue prompted a request to recall two selectmen who supported the project. One of those selectmen, then-chairman Jim Egan, lost his bid for re-election, but selectman Steve Amico is still facing the recall. Recall organizers had targeted the two selectmen after they continued to support the project following failed town meeting funding votes in October and January. Both men had until April 7 to respond to the certification of petitions seeking their recall, and neither opted to resign. Amico has continued to deny allegations that he and Egan misled voters about the project.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- South Shore's Morning NewsStarts: 5:00 amEnds: October 2, 2014 - 10:00 amDescription: From local and national news, sports and weather to informative interviews with people from across the south shore and the world, The South Shore’s Morning News is the right way to start your day! Visit http://959watd.com/ssmorningnews for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Plymouth: Official in Sheriff’s Department accused of drunk driving, hit-and-run: A ... http://t.co/hMJdRhAi3F via @SouthShoreNews about 34 minutes ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Whitman: Town’s annual holiday event Winterfest to end after 20 years: Organizers ar... http://t.co/ZczcnQnxrT via @SouthShoreNews about 6 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 41-year-old Army Maj. Michael Donahue, who was raised in Whitman, was killed by a suicide bomber during his third... http://t.co/dWkvvrdP5E about 13 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Cape Cod: Missing Afghan officers fear death if they go home: The three Afghanistan ... http://t.co/h172sC1LJl via @SouthShoreNews about 14 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.