Tomorrow, Hanson voters will head to the polls for a special recall election. Residents had shot down plans to build a new $58.4 million elementary school and tear down the Maquan and indian Head Schools. But the controversy over the school issue prompted a request to recall two selectmen who supported the project. One of those selectmen, then-chairman Jim Egan, lost his bid for re-election, but selectman Steve Amico is still facing the recall. Recall organizers had targeted the two selectmen after they continued to support the project following failed town meeting funding votes in October and January. Both men had until April 7 to respond to the certification of petitions seeking their recall, and neither opted to resign. Amico has continued to deny allegations that he and Egan misled voters about the project.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- Cathy DeeStarts: 2:00 pmEnds: August 29, 2014 - 6:00 pmLocation: 95.9 WATD FMDescription: Cathy Dee plays the South Shore’s greatest hits, with traffic every 10 minutes on the 9′s with Malcolm Alter every weekday afternoon from 2-6pm on 95.9 WATD FM. Complete with updates from the WATD News Department with local/national news at 4, 5, and 6pm. Visit Cathy's page at http://www.959watd.com/cathyd/
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Remote Broadcast: The Lobster Hut in Plymouth on Friday, September 5th from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM: Join WATD’s R... http://t.co/NUGUBh7H0K about 1 hour ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Plymouth: Town Clerk preps for primary: It’s less than two weeks before the state pr... http://t.co/rsYLxtpEbo via @SouthShoreNews about 2 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Plymouth: Task force gets creative with ideas for new revenue: Well, they didn’t pro... http://t.co/yTtTdl9BW6 via @SouthShoreNews about 4 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- As we wind down the #southshoretour , Scituate Harbormaster Mark Patterson is here to tell us about upcoming... http://t.co/9csqEidHEb about 6 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
WATD Business Phone: (781) 837-1166 WATD News Room: (781) 837-1169 WATD On Air Phone: (781) 837-4900
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050