Tomorrow, Hanson voters will head to the polls for a special recall election. Residents had shot down plans to build a new $58.4 million elementary school and tear down the Maquan and indian Head Schools. But the controversy over the school issue prompted a request to recall two selectmen who supported the project. One of those selectmen, then-chairman Jim Egan, lost his bid for re-election, but selectman Steve Amico is still facing the recall. Recall organizers had targeted the two selectmen after they continued to support the project following failed town meeting funding votes in October and January. Both men had until April 7 to respond to the certification of petitions seeking their recall, and neither opted to resign. Amico has continued to deny allegations that he and Egan misled voters about the project.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
Whats on WATD now:
- South Shore's Morning NewsStarts: 5:00 amEnds: September 19, 2014 - 10:00 amDescription: From local and national news, sports and weather to informative interviews with people from across the south shore and the world, The South Shore’s Morning News is the right way to start your day! Visit http://959watd.com/ssmorningnews for more information.
Precision Weather Forecasting
WATD Remote Broadcasts
- Remote Broadcast: Dream Kitchens and More in Pembroke on Friday, September 19th, from 11-2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: Plimouth Plantation in Plymouth on Saturday, September 27th from 12-3 PM
- Remote Broadcast: South Shore Chamber of Commerce at Lombardo’s in Randolph on Thursday, October 9th from 11 AM – 2 PM
- Remote Broadcast: The Market at The Pinehills in Plymouth on Friday, October 10th from 11 AM – 2 PM
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- #WATD Marshfield: Plymouth man ordered to stay away from airport after alleged death threa... http://t.co/tLGhCDXPMF via @SouthShoreNews about 1 hour ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Analyst: Mohegan Sun faces peril in loss to Wynn: (AP) — A Moody’s Investor Service ... http://t.co/lfoKY92O0I via @SouthShoreNews about 1 hour ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @WATDSSMN: What to do with the kids this weekend: Friday, September 19 – Sunday, September 2, 2... http://t.co/7XfktOYqRP via @959watdfm about 2 hours ago from twitterfeed in reply to WATDSSMN ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WATD Afghanistan: Whitman-Hanson Regional H.S. graduate killed in combat: (AP) — An Army ... http://t.co/Ii6giCMDxU via @SouthShoreNews about 6 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
Great local savings!
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.
WATD Business Phone: (781) 837-1166 WATD News Room: (781) 837-1169 WATD On Air Phone: (781) 837-4900
95.9 WATD, Marshfield Broadcasting Company, 130 Enterprise Drive, Marshfield, MA 02050