Tomorrow, Hanson voters will head to the polls for a special recall election. Residents had shot down plans to build a new $58.4 million elementary school and tear down the Maquan and indian Head Schools. But the controversy over the school issue prompted a request to recall two selectmen who supported the project. One of those selectmen, then-chairman Jim Egan, lost his bid for re-election, but selectman Steve Amico is still facing the recall. Recall organizers had targeted the two selectmen after they continued to support the project following failed town meeting funding votes in October and January. Both men had until April 7 to respond to the certification of petitions seeking their recall, and neither opted to resign. Amico has continued to deny allegations that he and Egan misled voters about the project.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Snocountry Mountain Snowfall Reports
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- High School Football Final: Marshfield 38, Duxbury 21 about 13 minutes ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @WATDSSMN: What to do with the kids this weekend: Friday, November 27 – Sunday, November 29, 20... https://t.co/r5CaYhcI2Q via @959watdfm about 20 minutes ago from twitterfeed in reply to WATDSSMN ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy Thanksgiving. High School Football pregame is on now with Bill Wilhelm. Duxbury @ Marshfield at 10:00 a.m. about 3 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hull Holiday Showcase -- This Saturday, Nov. 28th from 10AM-3PM. Arts & Crafts, Handmade Items, Gifts, Home... https://t.co/qh68B47eYr about 3 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.