Power was out for a large area of Marshfield after a fire on primary lines behind Ferry Street this morning. It’s not clear how it happened, possibly from a transformer fire resulting from a lightning strike. It left live wires down and on fire at around 10:15 Friday morning. At the height of the outage, NSTAR reported about 3,800 customers out in Marshfield, 60 in Duxbury and 500 in Kingston. As of 1:00pm, 3,100 customers were still reported out in Marshfield, with 275 still out in Kingston. As of 6:00pm only 4 outages reported in Marshfield, 4 in Kingston, and 20 in Plymouth.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
WATD Remote Broadcasts
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
959WATDFM on Twitter
- Thunder, lightning, wind and rain passing through many South Shore towns this morning left scattered outages in... http://t.co/Th8jA80Mhk about 57 minutes ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Golf News: August 6, 2015 “Goldie’s Golf Getaways” PGA TOUR Deutsche Bank Championship Tick... http://t.co/zrLgTLxJhp via @GoldieBounce about 3 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #MondayNightTalk Monday Night Talk 8-3-2015 featuring State Senate candidate Geoff Diehl http://t.co/ljEaCC1JZ5 #mapoli #SouthShore about 10 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Brockton: Public Safety Meeting Being Held to Discuss Recent Gun Violence http://t.co/UKiFxKLl72 about 13 hours ago from twitterfeed ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For Email Marketing you can trust
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...
WordPress Powered Website - ACTSmart, Inc
Copyright 95.9 WATD FM. All Rights Reserved.