Bourne: Town Official Facing Domestic Violence Charge Resigns

A member of the Bourne Board of Selectmen, charged with attacking his girlfriend and threatening her with a baseball bat, has resigned.

In a letter read during the Bourne Board of Selectmen meeting Tuesday, member Michael Blanton said his resignation is effective immediately. The 49-year-old says he cannot represent the people of Bourne in the way he envisioned or the way the people deserve.

Blanton is accused of attacking the woman Nov. 4 and Feb. 25. He was arraigned Monday and ordered held as a danger.

Blanton’s attorney previously questioned if his client should be considered a danger, considering the woman continued living with him after the first alleged attack.

Blanton, a first-term selectman, was up for re-election May 15.

-A.P. News


Reach Thousands of Potential Customers on The South Shore and Beyond! Call WATD Today for More Info on Radio and Internet Advertising: (781) 837-1166

watd signal 2017 small

About WATD Web Editor

WATD online and on air contributors include, but are not limited to: The Associated Press, Precision Weather Forecasting, local news stringers and reporters, in-house news and internet media staff, State House and town hall reporters, freelance reporters, special feature reporters and producers, and on air radio hosts and personnel.