Rockland: Gas Heater Cause of Apartment Fire

A Sunday morning fire in Rockland was quickly knocked down. Firefighters responded yesterday at 5:21am to 3 Webster Street for a report of a fire that broke out in a third floor apartment.

 The small blaze was caused by a gas heater mounted to an exterior wall. Crews were forced to open the walls to get in at the fire but were able to limit the amount of damage to one area. Fire officials say the apartment is uninhabitable at this time.

 The occupants of the apartment and two cats were able to get out of the dwelling unharmed. No injuries were reported. Abington provided mutual aid at the scene while Hingham provided station coverage


Reach Thousands of Potential Customers on The South Shore and Beyond! Call WATD Today for More Info on Radio and Internet Advertising: (781) 837-1166

watd signal 2017 small

About Kevin Tocci

Kevin Tocci is a Brockton area reporter, news anchor and host of Monday Night Talk which airs on Monday nights at 6:15 p.m. on 95.9FM WATD.