- Katherine Perry, a graduate of Duxbury High School and The University of Massachusetts at Amherst, has really made her mark since her arrival at WATD. She is the daughter of the owner, Ed Perry, but that doesn’t stop Katherine from consistently nailing out a solid news cast. She also works as a reporter, and specializies in in-depth features. Katherine was given an Associated Press award for Best Hard News Feature in 2009. When not working at WATD Katherine enjoys cooking, reading about cooking, feeding other people her cooking and eating other people’s cooking. She will also read anything, but harbors a particular interest in pre-twentieth century fiction. Katherine can be heard on-air weekdays during the mid-day, 4, 5, or 6 o’clock news.
Listen Live, 24-7, Online!
- The Late-Morning Show with Larry Nelson is on WATD-FM Now!…Starts: 10:00 amEnds: 2:00 pmDescription: Larry Nelson plays your favorite songs from recent hits to classic oldies that’ll bring back those old memories. With Local/National News at 12:00 pm. Call 781-837-4900 to request a song!
Precision Weather Forecasting
Great local savings!
WATD Remote Broadcasts
- Remote Broadcast: Nessralla’s Farm in Marshfield on Friday, May 24, from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Remote Broadcast: Shield’s General Store in Norwell on Friday, May 24, from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Remote Broadcast: Risky Business Band and East Fourth Band from the C-Note in Hull on Sunday, May 26 from 9:00 to 11:00 p.m.
- Remote Broadcast: Customer Appreciation Day At Mayflower Food And Spirits in Plymouth on Monday, May 27, from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Remote Broadcast: The Ridge Club in Sandwich on Monday, June 10, from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. for the Dream Day on Cape Cod Golf Classic
Upcoming Special Events
959watdfm on Twitter
Like WATD-FM on Facebook
About WATD-FM WATD is one of those seemingly impossible ideas which actually worked and has now endured for over three full decades. The idea for the station in Marshfield emerged as the result of a prospecting trip Carol Ebert Perry and Edward Perry made in December of 1972.
Click here to learn more...